Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 06:03 PM

Default turn play

This is my first hand post, so verbal thrashings as well as helpful advice are both welcome.

BB is fairly L/AG. What is my play here?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???
Old 03-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: turn play

raise
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM

How would you deal with a re-raise? Call, and call down the river?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM

I'm not sure I agree w/ the raise here since we're in between BB and the button. Button could be ahead w/ AA, KK, AK, or possibly TT and we're risking getting 3-bet in a 3 handed pot. Either one of these guys could hold a K.

edit: Come to think of it, without any reads, I'd say the only hand button could 3-bet with PF that we are ahead of is JJ. I'd call BB's turn bet and possibly fold to a button raise.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise

[/ QUOTE ]
So BB is lag enough to bluff into two preflop raisers? And the other preflop raiser who has yet to act, if he hasn't caught a piece of this board, won't fold for one but will fold for two? What is the plan if we are 3-bet by either BB or button?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM

You raise to see where you stand. If you're re-raised, then you can decide to call down or fold. But calling this raise is like saying, "ok, i think you have a king and I can't beat that so I'll just call and see what happens"
Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"ok, i think you have a king and I can't beat that so I'll just call and see what happens"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really so bad? Not being sure wether you are beat or not in a big pot, it seems OK to just call down to get a cheap showdown.

Just elaborating here. Not really sure what to do.
Call maybe and fold if raised behind.

-aron
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You raise to see where you stand. If you're re-raised, then you can decide to call down or fold. But calling this raise is like saying, "ok, i think you have a king and I can't beat that so I'll just call and see what happens"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess in light of the pot size I'll agree w/ this. One extra bet isn't going to kill us if it folds the button and puts BB on the defensive. Still, I'm pretty sure we're beat here a large percentage of the time.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:41 PM

i'd call down, but that's because i don't see what raising does and i have major "monsters under my bed"-itis.

a LAG would definitely 3-bet a K- AK, KK, Kxs. i don't see how raising helps you find "where you stand". he reraise your raise, you fold a big pot? either way i think you're in it 'til the river, so why give him more chips if he does have the king?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:04 PM

yeah I think that's exactly what you're saying... "I think there's a 80 percent chance you have a K so I'm gonna call down since my odds are 6-1 (accounting for a river bet)"

yeah I call down