Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Report from my first B&M experience

Every pokeroom I know of in the US offers limit holdem....

Almost everyone offers NLH now...

Stud and Omaha will be harder to find.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every pokeroom I know of in the US offers limit holdem....

Almost everyone offers NLH now...

Stud and Omaha will be harder to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i just wasnt sure because i didnt see it offered on their webpage under table games.....they just listed games against the house, like BJ, let it ride, 3 card poker, ect.

of course i am at school and sometimes the sites are blocked when you click on certain links so i couldnt do to much searching
Old 03-21-2005, 12:49 PM

Harrah's has at least two 1/5 stud games I think as well as one 5/10 Omaha 8 game. I only played Omaha 8 for about 20 min, but the game was pretty good.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm on the button with A9 and I come in to make it 7 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

First time at B&amp;M table, only 3rd hand...was gun-shy for the first orbit.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s/Trump Indiana today

i am planning on going during a weekday....11:00 or noon- for maybe 5 hours. Do i need to call in ahead? Will there be plenty of games available in the day? Is the lowest 3/6? I feel very comfortable playing limit holdem, but i would like to start at the lowest limit just because its my first time at the B&amp;M. I will possibly move up if all goes well.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Thursdays there is a $220 tourney that seats 100 every week and starts @ noon. It runs until about 6pm, so it fills a lot of the tables early on.

Other days are fine so if you get there at 11am or so, you most likely won't wait more than a few minutes to get on a table. If you feel better calling ahead (I do as a habit), they will reserve your spot for up to an hour (longer if they know you). The poker room number is (219)378-3558.

The 5/10NL @ Harrahs EC pays my mortgage....good luck.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thursdays there is a $220 tourney that seats 100 every week and starts @ noon. It runs until about 6pm, so it fills a lot of the tables early on.

Other days are fine so if you get there at 11am or so, you most likely won't wait more than a few minutes to get on a table. If you feel better calling ahead (I do as a habit), they will reserve your spot for up to an hour (longer if they know you). The poker room number is (219)378-3558.

The 5/10NL @ Harrahs EC pays my mortgage....good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winchips, thats for harrah's which has 5/10 as the lowest limit. Trump has 3/6 on weekdays (4/8 is the lowest on weekends i hear). The games on weekdays will have regulars who vary from somewhat solid to poker playing monkeys.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM

I've only been to the Trump once, but frequented Harrah's 5/10 during last summer. Incredibly soft games.

I busted at Trumps (2outer in the NL tables) but from what I saw, around 2-3 players at the ring were incredibly bad, and I can't wait to get my money back in there (the guy to my right called an all-in $200 on river w/ 4 to the flush on the board with only a single pair, then re-bought and did it AGAIN 2 hands later).

PocketJokers72 how many hours you play at Harrah's a week? I switched to online as I could save time/money on the drive from Evanston, as well as less rake. I had such a high winrate there (12 straight winning sessions) that I thought I would end up on some catastrophic variance downfall. Thinking about starting to go back more often.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Frozenhops...

I play in spurts....

For instance, I will go there on Wednesday night, play all night @ 5/10NL/20/40L, catch a few hours of sleep, play the Thursday tourney, then go straight into the worst (read BEST) 5/10NL table of all time (right after that tourney). Then I will continue to play until sometime sunday afternoon. I may do this twice a month or more. I do have a 'real job' so until I get fired, I have to keep showing up.

I would not worry about variance. I have had seriously EVIL sessions where the Villians were hitting their 2-6 outers on the river, and still came away with only minor dents in my bankroll. I AM superstitious about table 13 tho (right by the cashier window)...if I get busted there by ugly beats, I change seats or tables...