Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Questions about the Borgata

oh ok, last time i played 3/6 was june and from what i remembered it was .50/hr - could be different now though, i have been wrong before [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you get from having this black label?

[/ QUOTE ]
free parking is a start
then you get to cut the lines in a few (if not all) of the restaraunts/buffets. you get discounts every once in a while.
im sure theres othe perks that im not aware of and actually, if any of the other black cards could chime in, that would be sweet.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:31 PM

free parking and free rooms are the main benefit - you can get a comped room just about anytime, for about $9 (you have to pay the tax). There is also a free lounge, but it seemed kind of quiet the times I was there.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
free parking and free rooms are the main benefit - you can get a comped room just about anytime, for about $9 (you have to pay the tax). There is also a free lounge, but it seemed kind of quiet the times I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]
when youre talking comped room, you dont mean they take it from your points, right?
i mean, having obtained my black card striclty from poker, are they gonna comp me a room?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:58 PM

Right, comped rooms are separate from comp dollars. Once you accumulate around $50 - 100 in comp dollars, you should start to receive mailers offering free rooms. Where you accumulate the comp dollars doesn't matter - table games, slots, poker, etc. Once you get start getting mailers, you can basically call at any time and get a free room. They will tell you the room is comped, and you only pay tax on the room, but there is no deduction from your comp balance.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, comped rooms are separate from comp dollars. Once you accumulate around $50 - 100 in comp dollars, you should start to receive mailers offering free rooms. Where you accumulate the comp dollars doesn't matter - table games, slots, poker, etc. Once you get start getting mailers, you can basically call at any time and get a free room. They will tell you the room is comped, and you only pay tax on the room, but there is no deduction from your comp balance.

[/ QUOTE ]
ill have to investigate this
i hope youre right
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 02:32 PM

i've earned a few hundred dollars worth of comps from poker (usually spend them the next day so they never really accumulate) in the last 6 months, never got a mailer

my girl played video poker, slots, and roulette the first few times she ever went down there and constantly gets the mailers for free rooms, etc.

not that i'm concerned, just a point of reference
Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've earned a few hundred dollars worth of comps from poker (usually spend them the next day so they never really accumulate) in the last 6 months, never got a mailer

my girl played video poker, slots, and roulette the first few times she ever went down there and constantly gets the mailers for free rooms, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here (except i have the black card)
Old 03-21-2005, 03:17 PM

You must earn $1000 comp dollars per year to maintain the Black Label card status.
Poker comps are addressed in other replies in this thread. Comps for all other games are based upon the "theo", that is theoretical edge the house expects to hold. For example you play Roulette with house edge of 5%. You sit down, buy into the game, they input your card for tracking. They note the amount of your first few bets, lets say you bet $100 per hand. The computer system takes average number of hands per hour for game being played x times average amount of wager x house edge = Theo. They then give you approximately 30-40% of your theo back in comps. The pit bosses continuously walk around and evaluate your average bet, entering into the computer. Thus begins the cat and mouse of game of betting more when bosses are looking, skipping hands when bosses aren't looking, etc.
Slot/VP comps are based upon the amount of money cycled through the games as accounted for by the card reader on the machine. Again, house edge is applied, ie 99.54% JOB VP machine will return practically nothing while a 89% $.05 slot will return much more, based upon theo.
Black Label will get you line passes, discounted buffet ($10), access to Amphora Lounge ($10 charged to comp account) which has limited food and full bar, free parking (though you will NOT get a receipt when you leave parking lot as they state you do not pay for the parking, which is crap, invites to special promotions,etc.
Your mailing offers are based upon the games you play ie a slot/vp player will receive special mailings offering Free Play Cash (money that must be played through prior to withdrawal). Table players will receive Match coupons, ie $25 chip and $25 match coupon would result in winner being paid $50.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:17 PM

Ok, I earned black label playing bj, so apparently the offers differ based on what games you play. Have you tried calling and asking for a comped room? Since you have a black label card, you might get it anyway without the mailer. I don't think the reservation desk tracks mailers and I've never had to show one to get the room. Also, since you have black label, you should head over to the Trop and get the premium card there. By alreading having black label at the Borg you call qualify for a free room and $150 in coin.