Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 01:53 AM

Default Anyone else want another forum?

Was there ever any discusion on adding forums? The more and more I play poker the more and more that I get drawn to omaha h/l. I think it would be great if a Omaha h/l or a h/l spilt forum was added. Anyone else free this way?

This is just a sugestion by the way this is a great poker site!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Anyone else want another forum?

This is it. 90 to 95% of the posts here are about O8.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:54 AM

Default Not me.

I think this board has way too many individual groups as it is. I count 20, which is way too many for me to keep up with, especially since some of them aren't that heavily trafficked. I guess I can see how people might miss that this would be the group for Omaha posts, but I think that's more because there are too many other groups. (Why there need to be individual groups for "psychology," "probability," or "heads up and short handed" I'll never know.)
Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Not me.

I think Omaha and Omaha/8 deserve their own forum but I'd just as soon this one be renamed as to add another forum. What about "Omaha Hi, Hi Lo, et al." for a forum name?
Old 01-21-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Sounds fine to me.

Although I'd probably suggest "Omaha and Other Poker" rather than "et al," because new users mightn't realize there's also an "other gambling" forum for non-poker gambling like blackjack, sports betting, keno, etc.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:11 PM

Default Yours is better - I vote for it. - NM

Old 01-22-2003, 03:16 PM

Default We need another forum

I have always felt that this was an important issue and I'm glad someone brought it up. I play mostly on a professional home poker circuit. We play a lot of nonstandard games. In addition to Omaha hi or O/8; we play Pineapple (after flop), Southern (3 card Omaha), and Tommy (5 card omaha), and Stripper (before flop).

I have thought for some time that there should be a special section for omaha. It has enough of a following that it could support its own topic. Pineapple might be able to as well. At least is could when Paradise first launched Crazy Pineapple.

A couple side notes

1) It would be nice to hear from the moderators on this subject.
2) I understand there are business reasons for doing things. e.g. 2+2 doesn't have a Pineapple book so why should they have a section. Do they have a good enough Omaha line to include here? If yes, start a topic. If no, create an Omaha book.
3) I think the forum is well designed without to many catagories. There are at least half of the topics that I never need to visit e.g. other gambling, pot limit, tournament etc. The more it gets broken down the easier it is to navigate.

Comments welcome.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Anyone else want another forum?

I think there are many forums here of good use and catagorized well. I do think "Hi/ Low" deserves its own forum. Though O/8 is probably the most popular hi/ low game played, there are others still often played online, B&M and at home (i.e. 7-stud). I think this would make a reasonable forum subject and separate the more known and popular "other" games from some of the truly obscure ones.

Suggestion: new forum- "Hi/ Low"
Rename: "other poker" to "Variations and other poker"

IMHO
Old 01-23-2003, 03:17 PM

Default I change my vote, good suggestion KDF - NM