Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: From the current tourney. AA gone bad. Was called a \"fish\"... Revi

I didn't even read your post, but usually when I get called a fish, it means I've done someting right.

If I get called an idiot or a moron, it usually means I've done something really right.

eastbay
Old 03-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: From the current tourney. AA gone bad. Was called a \"fish\"... Revi

maybe all the fish that I think are morons are really amazing players doing things I don't even understand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: From the current tourney. AA gone bad. Was called a \"fish\"... Review?

There are no circumstances -- none whatsoever-- under which a non-moron calls another player a fish.

In your shoes, I would be happy with the result (getting my money in as a favorite), but obviously not the outcome.

GG
Old 03-20-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: From the current tourney. AA gone bad. Was called a \"fish\"... Review?

Fish term I believe was mentioned by a player in jest, as was my comment for him to only play AA for set value...hand imo was played well by both players
Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fish term I believe was mentioned by a player in jest, as was my comment for him to only play AA for set value...hand imo was played well by both players

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes all the difference in the world if both players knew it was in jest ...

GG
Old 03-20-2005, 07:31 PM

I feel I can comment now!

I fealt that the raise and the post flop bet after the check was with a hand like AQ / AJ QQ or JJ

With that in mind I felt that the 300 bet looked weak and chose to go over the top with the check raise to the flush draw.....

The fish comment was Im sure in jest and I think that knowing what the cards were now and not knowing the opponents cards we both played the had correctly (as there are many ways to play a hand!)

Good flops all

UKGazz