Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Is instacashing money to neteller +EV

I've only got about $750 in neteller but I'd like deposit the full $1000 at Party. Is instashing the other $250 a smart move? It seems like it would be but I might be missing something. I'm also worried if I do the free transfer it may not make it in time. Thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Is instacashing money to neteller +EV

I think some sites will let you do instacash for free. So deposit into one of those then cashout back to neteller and then into Party.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:22 PM

The fee is 8.7% which for $250 is $21.75

you will receive $50 for the extra $250 so 50-21.75 is $28.25

Personal call i would do it
thats me
Old 03-19-2005, 01:26 PM

Another option is to fund your Neteller account with your credit card for $250. The fee is just under 4% I believe. Then transfer the money from your bank account to your credit card right away, there's no fee from my bank for doing this.

This gives you the money just as fast as instacash through your chequing account, as well as a lower fee (provided your bank doesn't charge you to transfer to your CC)

Cheers,
Travis
Old 03-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Why not just make an EFT deposit into neteller? The party bonus expires next friday. If you request an EFT on monday it will probably be in there on thursday.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:24 PM

I still don't understand why Neteller EFTs/ACHs take so long. As a verified PayPal premier member, Checking -> Paypal = instant.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just make an EFT deposit into neteller? The party bonus expires next friday. If you request an EFT on monday it will probably be in there on thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:48 PM

Taking 5 business days encourages people to use INSTA-F^&&*K. I know a sports gambler who refuses to leave anything in Neteller, he cashes out any wins right away. I was puking when he showed me his Neteller statment with all the fees he pays. He ( and many like him) never waits for an EFT transfer. Pay the juice baby!

EFT tranfers taking so long also encourages people to leave money in Neteller without earning any interest. I keep around $3000 in my two Neteller account year round. I am losing ~$78 yearly in interest versus keeping that money in my ING. It's the price I pay for being ready to 'whore' on a drop of a hat.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. There is ZERO chance of an EFT on Monday being available on Thursday.

Have made a number of Neteller EFTs in the past year and you can just about set your watch by them: exactly one week every normal week, 8 calendar days every time there has been a holiday. Money leaves my bank two days after I submit the request, then sits in limbo in either ACH's or Neteller's pocket until the rest of the week ticks off.

I wrote to Neteller support about it the first time it took this long, and they replied like I was from Mars when I suggested EFTs other places didn't take this long. Pity they have a bit of a stranglehold (and change less than the other ways of funding) or I'd happily take my business elsewhere.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think some sites will let you do instacash for free. So deposit into one of those then cashout back to neteller and then into Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerRoom I know for sure. I have "insta-cash whored" them before.