Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Harrah\'s/Trump Indiana today

So I'll be getting my B&M cherry popped today. Pretty sure I'm heading to Harrah's but I'll probably check out Trump also since it's there. Question though, I'm sure it's here somewhere but cannot find it with a search...What is the rake at Harrah's and Trump? Also, typical tipping?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s/Trump Indiana today

Nevermind...found the answers I was looking for. If anyone is there (Harrah's around 2-3ish until whenever) today I'll be wearing a green t-shirt with a bumblebee smoking a cigarette on it and a grey hat. Either at 5-10 or NL. Just give me a "go giants"...I guess a "hi" will be fine. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shawn
Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s/Trump Indiana today

Most of the tips Ive see at Harrahs 5-10 limits are about $1 but can range up to 5 and beyond depending on the pot size. Not sure what the rake is, but the competition was great last night at Harrah East Chicago (and by great i mean easy) I would definantly reccommend playing there. Not really sure what the rake is, but i know they comp you about $1-2 an hour to play there if you have a rewards card.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Report from my first B&M experience

Well I've read alot in these forums about how soft theses games are but I was still absolutely shocked when I sat down. I got there just before 4pm and was seated right away at 5-10 limit. Within the first 5 minutes I knew that this was going to be fun.
I saw things that I never thought I would see! Had one guy who NEVER raised, didn't matter what he had at anytime, he just didn't raise. A few that only played cards that were dealt to them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It was just insane.
So needless to say, I was up 30BB within the first 2 hrs. I got sucked out a few times in a few big pots, but overall I was able to avoid this.
My third hand after sitting down, I'm on the button with A9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I come in to make it 7 handed. Flop is K84 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (nice way to start). It's checked around to me and I bet getting 5 callers (only one fold). Turn is a blank. Checked around to "never raise" guy who bets (he's LP3), I raise, both blind spots fold, EP1 folds, MP1 calls and "never raise" calls. River is another blank, checked to me, I bet and they both call. I win and "never raise" is upset that his AKo didn't hold up. haha
So this isn't a spectacular hand with excellent play on my part, but it gave me an immediate impression on how my first B&M experience was gonna go and I was pleased. I really couldn't believe how many times I got paid off.
A few observations:
1. Dealers were good-even though as one of them was dealing he threw it to me, it caught the felt and flipped up...mis-deal, no problem except it was K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
2. It's a long drive back to Arlington Heights!!
3. Even though I established a reputation as a tight player-"he only plays good ones" I heard a few times-my bets still got called all night/afternoon. Fantastic!
4. The chips were nasty...I could have climbed the walls like spider man after I was done handling them!
5. Nothing is worse than going card dead for the last hour and a half, all the while watching your NCAA Bracket fizzle before your very eyes! Stupid brackets!
6. With very little raising going on, the pots never got huge. Perhaps for my first time, this was good.
7. Why is there people in room with Sunglasses on?! Just a frickin joke.

I have decided I will be back soon and often. Overall after 6 hrs I left +25BB.

S
Old 03-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Report from my first B&M experience

4. The chips were nasty...I could have climbed the walls like spider man after I was done handling them!

Lol, its funny cause its true
Old 03-20-2005, 05:24 PM

The chips are bed there too, huh? Are they as bad as Trump's?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:03 PM

I would eat a whole chip from Harrahs before I would eat anything that had even touched a chip from Trump.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 AM

They're that bad at Trump?? That's terrible.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on the button with A9 and I come in to make it 7 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise preflop.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:09 PM

i have never been to a B&M (i have lots of times actually, but only played BJ and let it ride). I am on spring break in two weeks (im a teacher not a student- so even though i am poor, i can aford to loose some). I am planning on going to the Chicago area - probably trump. Which ones are the best( easiest)? and what limits do they have? They all offer limit hold'em? I prefer to play limit.