Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: @Kagame

[ QUOTE ]

you shouldnt be posting about high stakes NL, telling people how they should be playing and what the correct lines are if you arent playing high stakes NL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I play mid/low (definitely not high) stakes NL online yet, I'll often offer up my opinion on this forum as to how a certain hand should be played.

I find that when I formulate my own opinion, then am told how/why I am wrong, I learn the most.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beginners at high stakes/big bet poker

you realize this is a big step, yes? just having played alot of poker doesnt make one even intermed. here

i never attacked lawrence's posts, but supposing they are perfectly accurate and solid, there is an issue of him telling other people they are wrong when they also have a perfectly good approach to a certain hand, play, read, line, whatever. this isnt a personal grudge he hasnt attacked me at all until i posted about his blog. i just think someone offering CRITICISM in a manner that says "I AM AN EXPERT" and backed up by the forum should not lie about the games theyre playing.

even if he is playing regularly in a Live 5/10 NL game, as he said it is extremely beyond soft. his hand posts dont seem to correlate with that description of the game.

this is all somewhat irrelevant, i just want advice taken as expert and superior, given in a correcting, authoritative manner, to actually be legitimate. why attempt to mislead everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

So your problem is the TONE of his posts (ie, coming off as an expert)?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 PM

fwiw, there's several posters on here who's advice/thoughts I take very seriously and they play/played much lower than I do. I personally am more concerned with how someone thinks about the game than what stakes they play, although I agree that outright lying about stakes is very weird and suspicious (not saying that it did or didn't happen)

--turnipmonster
Old 03-18-2005, 02:25 PM

please dont get me wrong, im not trying to stiffle speech or opinions. everyone is entitled to an opinion obviously and its a learning experience.

its not just the tone, it would be a stiffling of other possible views by an expert, (who might not actually be an expert!), and is trying to inflate their persona for some odd reason

it just seemed very bizarre to me and left a sour taste in my mouth.

and im not saying playing high stakes entitles someone to expert status, although playing in tough games and consistently winning might. ive seen plenty of bad players on the 25/50 UB table thats for sure.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:38 PM

I don't play highstakes, but I do read the mid/high forum and have never found anything wrong with Lawerence's posts. I think of him as one of the better posters. There are many very good posters, Kagame, i have never really noticed your posts being extremely good.

My favorites: in no specific order
soah, amoeba(where have you gone?), diablo, flynn, lawerence, bobbofitos, markl44(somethin like that), bruiser... i'm sure i forgot many but these are just off the top of my head. Thanks to all of you.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:25 PM

My God, is this kindergarden?? I'm new here and read this thread and decide to find another forum
Old 03-18-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My God, is this kindergarden?? I'm new here and read this thread and decide to find another forum

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard RPG is da bomb yo.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, there's several posters on here who's advice/thoughts I take very seriously and they play/played much lower than I do. I personally am more concerned with how someone thinks about the game than what stakes they play, although I agree that outright lying about stakes is very weird and suspicious (not saying that it did or didn't happen)

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with the first part of your statement, as well as the second. which is why i am wondering about things like this.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM

I just read this entire thread and have been thinking about 2+2 NL forums as a whole lately.

SSNL has become somewhat of a joke lately, a lot of the hands I see posted and the advice in the threads, is flatout wrong. I don't want to go around policing and contradicting people, becuase that's not really what I'm there to do.

Mid-, High-Stakes was at the beginning of the elevated Party games, a fantastic forum. Lately all I've seen though is you guys joking around with each other. The majority of the threads are, like this one, completely void of poker advice. I find it a bit disgusting.

Lawerence Ng has always been one of the good posters. I haven't seen Kagame much, but I'm sure he's a solid player as well. Well, since you are both so good, why don't you just help out other people, rather than call each other out. If you have a legitimate problem with another poster then PM then (as KaneKungFu suggested).

So, in conclusion, why can't we just drop all of these moronic threads, and just get back to poker.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 PM

LNg, I was surprised at your first reply to kagame. Now I've seen a bunch of your replies pop up to this guy, none of them useful in a 2+2 context.

I've always respected your posts. You're better than this.