Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Crazy action at my home game HELP ME!

Keep in mind sometimes you're going to lose with AA no matter what, but I agree with the folks above. The only reason to make a minimum raise pre-flop is if the table is really tight and you think everyone's going to fold with a large raise. However, seeing this:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG raises $25 PF...MP2 calls.....Button reraises to $125...UTG calls.....MP2 calls....2 players are all in. Cards flip over....UTG has KK .....MP2 has QT button has QT ...nuff said. Now on to MY problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about not getting any action. Make a big raise preflop, maybe even go all-in if the other players are super loose. If everyone folds and you take down the blinds, so be it. You can't double up everytime you have AA.

As for betting flop, definitely the right move, especially with a potential flush draw and possible inside straight draw.
Should you call the check-raise? I probably would, unless the dude is some sort of rock (even then I still might call). Pot is $230 at this point, you're getting about 3:1. He could easily have 99 thru KK, a pair of 8's, maybe KQs or some other flush draw (with or without overcards), maybe even AKo. Maybe he has nothing at all and is bluffing completely.

[ QUOTE ]
or do I just stop playing in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultra loose games are easy to play. Just wait for monsters preflop and go all-in.