Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: (20+2) Push or wait for the shortstack?

[ QUOTE ]
in that case id push as they'd fold all but the best hands realizing that you pushed with someone about to bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play for first, settle for third...not fourth. I'm waiting the two hands it takes for UTG to bust out.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Important Question - is there a program where I can enter calling standards for someone, and it will tell me the % of time they will call. Note that I can do this easily, I just can't do it as easily when I know my hand contains an ace. Is there anything that does this automatically for me, given that an ace is out? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in that case id push as they'd fold all but the best hands realizing that you pushed with someone about to bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play for first, settle for third...not fourth. I'm waiting the two hands it takes for UTG to bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if UTG wins the next hand, he has a minimum of 650 after posting the SB, and I have 915 after posting the BB. Not quite a guarantee.

I'd say its about 55% that he goes out next hand, since its basically his random 2 + BB's random 2, plus the small chance that Hero or SB wakes up with something good enough to team up on him.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if UTG wins the next hand, he has a minimum of 650 after posting the SB, and I have 915 after posting the BB. Not quite a guarantee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not pushing with A7os with a good chance I'm in the money next hand... And is anyone with worse than A7os going to call? No. If you're called, you're screwed.

What does 3rd pay here? $44? $44 vs $-22. That's a $66 move. You gonna go all-in for $66 with A7os? I'm not.

Push a pocket pair, maybe.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM

Question for the people who folded? What is the low end range of the hands you would psuh here with?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not pushing with A7os with a good chance I'm in the money next hand... And is anyone with worse than A7os going to call? No. If you're called, you're screwed.

What does 3rd pay here? $44? $44 vs $-22. That's a $66 move. You gonna go all-in for $66 with A7os? I'm not.

Push a pocket pair, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd pays $40. So its $40 vs $0. (or $18 vs -$22). Its a $40 move. But unfortunately it isn't that simple, since I am not guaranteed to lose if I get called, and not guaranteed 3rd if I fold. I agree its a close call and I'm still not sure about it.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 PM

curtains u a maniac. i would fold here.. its probably pretty close though
Old 03-16-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have a program that makes any aces I'm dealt when on the bubble with a shortstack, automatically show up as a duece on my computer screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

So 22 is an automatic push then right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Important Question - is there a program where I can enter calling standards for someone, and it will tell me the % of time they will call. Note that I can do this easily, I just can't do it as easily when I know my hand contains an ace. Is there anything that does this automatically for me, given that an ace is out? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump.