Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Calling down too much

Hi,
I dont really have any hands to post, but i hope you can help me anyways.
I think i call down too much. My aggression factors are really low, and even if i dont look at my PT numbers, i feel like i call down in too many situations. Now, i cant really show any hands, since i either can spot the quite easily myself in PT, or i do it without knowing it at all.

So, what im asking for, is some sort of advice for what you think i should look for when i play. Surely more people than i have had this problem, and know what problems they found?
If i am to take a guess, i would have to say that it has to do with overcards/overpairs, and HU situations.

And oh, i cant seem to find those raise-fold-to-a-threebet situations that everyone else seems to see so easily. =)
I play mostly at party 2/4

Help please?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Calling down too much

Pay attention to the hands your not in. See which guys will push a A-K all the way with a bad board. You will see a person whom has a tendency checking on the turn or river when they have not completed a hand.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:06 PM

Yeah, i spose im pretty bad at watching exatcly how other people play. But that's good advice. Actually, i usually dont really know how people play, unless they're complete LAG's, except for some bad preflop play. I dont really know what to look for
Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 PM

www.playerview.net (works with PT)

See what types of players you are playing against while you are playing.

Read, Read, Read the 2+2 forums. There are tons of topics posted about when to push and when to call and against what types of players to make these moves against.

I'm guessing if you're calling too much you're probably playing too many hands overall. This large range of hands is likely putting you in situations where you are feeling forced to call down with medium strength hands. What's your VP$IP and over how many hands?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 PM

I have a vp$ip of 18.5 over 70k hands, that should be okey, right?

Im trying to read as much as i can, i spend quite some time here, but i've been too lazy to post. =)

I've tried PV, but i've had some trouble with it, maybe i should try to sort that out.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:00 AM

Actually, posting hands is probably the best thing to do. That gives us much more info to work with. 18.5 vpip and no aggression = tight-passive...the people i avoid when playing. You must loosen up just a little, and be a little more aggresive. It's always good to mix up the game once in a while.