Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist.

[ QUOTE ]
If Mel Gibson had suggested kids skip school to see The Passion of the Christ, do you think Limbaugh would have suggested the kids go the whole route and loot and set fire to the theater too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. What, you think Limbaugh cares what Mel Gibson has to say? I think Limbaugh has the common sense approach of thinking kids shouldn't be encouraged to skip school, period. Encouraging a field trip, fine. They are related, yet different, things. Kids should not be encouraged to break rules and to think school is unimportant. I don't know why this surprises people.

I'll admit it's a fine line, but it's a line nonetheless. Kids don't need adult friends. They need adult disciplinarians who teach them right from wrong and how to be a good person. Skipping school does not accomplish this. Tell them to see the movie on a weekend. Problem solved.

"Don't be a fool; stay in school."
Old 03-17-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully he sees things a bit differently, or at least has another perspective, on drug addiction now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He hasn't changed. The prick still thinks that drug addicts belong in jail. I've heard him say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal drugs compared to prescription pain-killers. Come on.

Not that I agree with him on the illegal drugs part. What someone does in the privacy of their own home is their business.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap! lol.

Rush isn't a racist. He just has different opinions from people who don't know better. Get over it and leave the guy alone. His biggest crime is loving America. Look at everything he says and does. It's not about race, it's about what's good for America. Take a lesson, school-skipping scofflaws.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:43 AM

"His biggest crime is loving America."

You're bringing tears to my eyes.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that.' -Rush Limbaugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Please please please tell me you're smart enough to know the difference between choosing to use an illegal narcotic and then becoming addicted and choosing to follow your doctor's orders and then becoming addicted to what he prescribes you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, Please, Please tell me youre smart enough to realize that getting dependent on taking your pain meds once a day (you take oxycontin ONCE a day) is normal. Youre doctor will ween you off it once your pain goes away with smaller and smaller doses.

However, Rush was taking more than ONE oxycontin a day (which is evidenced by the fact that he was buying in bulk) so you can assume he was getting high off it.

Further, dont know if you know anything about oxycontin or pain meds in general, but if you take them at regular intervals they will not get you high (1X a day oxycontin, 4X a day vicodin). After a week or so, the mental effects are gone (ie: no buzz) but they continue to reduce pain.

If Rush was taking more and more, to the point where he had to buy massive amounts, this points to him taking more and more because the EUPHORIC high requires higher and higher doses as time goes by.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM

He had 1 decent season. That's all. I would not put him in the top 5 yet.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe that being for affirmative action makes someone a racist. I don't believe that being against affirmative action makes someone a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you don't. Yet if you are for afirmative action, you ARE a racist. YOU ARE A RACIST DEAD.

[ QUOTE ]
This has nothing to do with supporting or opposing drug use. I support people in choices with regard to drugs as long as they aren't harming other.

I don't believe that Rush Limbaugh belongs in jail. Although it might do him some good, because he'd probably learn some lessons there.

I was just making a Limbaugh joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your joke was almost funny. But I don't really respect the opinions of, or laugh at the jokes of biggots. You hate Rush, that's fine. Maybe its because he has more listeners than any liberal??? And the reason that you ARE a hypocrite is because you are even considering the notion that Rush is at fault for his own drug use. I thought the liberal line was that its societies fault, and that we should pay more taxes to pay for more social programs so even less will get done.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Those two have won superbowls. They didn't sail on the coatails of a good defense only to blow it in Championship games. McNabb has had 1 good year in the NFL in terms of personal numbers, and that was this PAST season. MCNABB is OVERRATED!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is overrated! Do you see why? Sorry, but you sound even more ignorant (if that's possible) when you say that.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:37 AM

I think that neither of you understand the issue.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the reason that you ARE a hypocrite is because you are even considering the notion that Rush is at fault for his own drug use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is an ownership society we live in, if you are prescribed something that makes you high, and you then go on to devour thousands of pills compulsively then you are an addict and it is your fault. Reponsible use of pain medication does not lead one to beg doctors for prescriptions, buy it off your housekeeper and compel you to take 15 times the normal suggested dosage a day.

I was on pain medication before, when the pain subsided I was weened off. I never became an addict.

And yes, prescription drugs are the equivalent of illegal drugs if they are abused. A heroin addict can substitute oxycontin or any other opiate or opiod and not suffer withdrawal. Ive seen people SHOOT UP oxycontin. Ive seen people puking in the bathroom because they didnt have any vicodin. If you are pulled over by the police and they find a prescription drug that is not prescribed to you, you are arrested.

If you saw one of these people on the street jaxmike, youd probably spit on them and be disgusted. Yet when godly, true american Rush displays this behavior you choose to selectively deny the facts that hes a DRUG ABUSER.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that neither of you understand the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think you understand reality