Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist.

[ QUOTE ]
Rush just likes to work in subtle bits of racism into everything he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. All I know is that you ARE racist because of the things you wrote about affirmative action. So, you have no right to accuse others of the sins you carry upon yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
But what do you expect from an Oxycontin addict? 37 pills a day. Boy that's a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a liberal you should be defending him. However, in true hypocrit fasion you blast him for drug use, yet support any non-conservative for theirs.

[ QUOTE ]
He said that McNabb was overrated, and that he was being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

McNabb isn't overrated.
He wasn't being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

Compare the media coverage that McNabb has gotten to the coverage that Elway had and Brady has received.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two have won superbowls. They didn't sail on the coatails of a good defense only to blow it in Championship games. McNabb has had 1 good year in the NFL in terms of personal numbers, and that was this PAST season. MCNABB is OVERRATED!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Republicans loooooveeee to cut, cut, CUT, unless it involves FARMERS...

...Gotta love those rich Republican good Christian Iowan farmers who can't make it on their own in the business world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I just agree with Dead on something? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Compare the media coverage that McNabb has gotten to the coverage that Elway had and Brady has received.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. if I remember right, Elway and Brady actually won their Super Bowls.

[ QUOTE ]
But what do you expect from an Oxycontin addict? 37 pills a day. Boy that's a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go look up ad hominum fallacy.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of drug abuse. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you're making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that.' -Rush Limbaugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Please please please tell me you're smart enough to know the difference between choosing to use an illegal narcotic and then becoming addicted and choosing to follow your doctor's orders and then becoming addicted to what he prescribes you.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a liberal you should be defending him. However, in true hypocrit fasion you blast him for drug use, yet support any non-conservative for theirs.
[ QUOTE ]
He said that McNabb was overrated, and that he was being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

McNabb isn't overrated.
He wasn't being hyped by the media because the media wanted a black quarterback to succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two have won superbowls. They didn't sail on the coatails of a good defense only to blow it in Championship games. McNabb has had 1 good year in the NFL in terms of personal numbers, and that was this PAST season. MCNABB is OVERRATED!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Previous season's(2002) stats)
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
2002 phi | 10 | 211 361 58.4 2289 6.3 17 6 | 63 460 6 |

He was selected to play inthe pro bowl in 2002, btw, having a QB rating of 86, 7th highest in the league.

Here's his career stats up to then;

1999 phi | 12 | 106 216 49.1 948 4.4 8 7 | 47 313 0 |
| 2000 phi | 16 | 330 569 58.0 3365 5.9 21 13 | 86 629 6 |
| 2001 phi | 16 | 285 493 57.8 3233 6.6 25 12 | 82 482 2 |
| 2002 phi | 10 | 211 361 58.4 2289 6.3 17 6 | 63 460 6 |

He has been elected to 5 pro bowls, including the 3 previous to Rush's idiocy. Please explain how 3 consecutive pro bowl seasons along with 3 consecutive playyoff appearances and 2 conference championships are "mediocre". This should be good.

Also, notice how much better his stats became when he got ONE legitimate reciever. Rush knows about as much about fottball as he does about fair and balanced broadcasting.

Stick to right-wing crap, Felix. Yer out of your league arguing football with me.

BTW, These comments coming from Rush didn't surprise me at all. He's a barely-closeted racist, plain and simple. But he is what he is, and ESPN is at fault for giving him a more legitimate platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
McNabb is a top 5 QB in the NFL right now, and rightly so. Brady, Culpepper, and Manning are probably better than McNabb, but it ends there, (unless I'm missing something).
Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever. All I know is that you ARE racist because of the things you wrote about affirmative action. So, you have no right to accuse others of the sins you carry upon yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that being for affirmative action makes someone a racist. I don't believe that being against affirmative action makes someone a racist.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with supporting or opposing drug use. I support people in choices with regard to drugs as long as they aren't harming other.

I don't believe that Rush Limbaugh belongs in jail. Although it might do him some good, because he'd probably learn some lessons there.

I was just making a Limbaugh joke.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Do you see why?
Old 03-17-2005, 12:50 AM

Doesn't seem Rush made a distinction between legal and illegal drugs. He was talking about drug abuse.

Having said that, anyone who has experienced severe back pain will tell you they will do anything to relieve the agony. While my politics are 180 degrees opposite to Rush's, I emphathize with his medical and drug problem. Hopefully he sees things a bit differently, or at least has another perspective, on drug addiction now.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully he sees things a bit differently, or at least has another perspective, on drug addiction now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He hasn't changed. The prick still thinks that drug addicts belong in jail. I've heard him say so.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more quick tangent: what part of GB are you from Kenrick? I live in Ashwaubenon, but go to college at UW-Whitewater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I've been duped. I will look closer in the future. If a dumb media is to blame for writing good-feeling stories about Doyle, I will be annoyed at them for writing it, as well as myself for falling for it. I haven't paid all that much critical attention to him after seeing what crapness Tommy Thompson did in his last years. We have great highways, and, um, that's about it.

I'm in Appleton, actually. I just say Green Bay all the time since it's close and everyone knows where it is.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes cutting people off essential social services is so laudable!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem right there. Supposedly EVERYTHING is "essential." Do you have any idea how much waste is spent on highway projects each year? We had a local construction worker call the newspaper's comment line to let everyone know what really goes on. People wondered why a certain road was torn up again and again every other year. It was because, as usual, no government budget is ever really cut. It just has a lower % of increase. They had to spend the money somewhere.

If the money is not spent from the budget, the budget may be lower the next year, so managers of those budgets tend to find a way to spend the money. It is ridiculous, it is absurd, and it is a waste of taxpayer money. Government keeps getting bigger and bigger not because it is needed but because it is the easy thing to do.

Go ahead and list some "essential services" and how much money they currently receive and how much money you think they should receive. I'll even give you added incentive by saying I won't think you'll do it. It's the easiest thing in the world to say, "We should give more money to this," or, "Republicans are big meanies who are against poor people, wah wah." It's another thing to prove it.

And, waitaminute... you say Republicans cut everything except for military and farmers. So you're saying Republicans aren't out to get "poor, need-some-help farmers"? That'll be a first. Look at that, people, Republicans give money to farmers! Republicans are so kind. Evil Democrats hate farmers and want their cows to starve. Do you drink milk at breakfast? Too bad! Evil Democrats will take that away from you!