Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 AM

Default AQo in EP

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

BB is a calling station and MP1 seemed obsessed with "keeping me honest" and was very loose with calling hands PF. Should I have slowed down on the turn even though the river turned my crap into gold. This hand is kinda a problem area for me when I miss the flop and turn with my broadway cards after raising PF
Old 03-17-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: AQo in EP

I think you played it fine. You could have the best hand on the turn.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:33 AM

I'm torn between checking and calling given your read on MP1. He seems intent on just getting to showdown, so keeping the heat on doesn't seem like it would do much. Then again, you may have the best hand like the other poster said, so it's good to get the value in. I'm surprised he folded the river.

Against normal opponents, I'd check the turn. The flop call in 2 places is kinda scary on that board. The rest looks good.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 AM

I don't like this play at all. Raising preflop is good as is betting the flop but what reasonable hands can BB and MP1 be calling with? Ace high? I feel like when you get called in two places one opponent must have a King and is either trying to let people hang around or is worried about his kicker. You are doing the betting for him. After the flop I would check-fold and if I made it to the river I'd check raise. More than likely you have bought yourself a free card. Putting more money into this hand seems crazy because there are no reasonable draws to chase people off of.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:09 AM

If it was only one caller I could see betting the turn.