Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: All seven chips will be offered WITH or WITHOUT denoms.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love you. And they all look phenomenal. I may just have to get a full set of each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten, just keep expanding the set slowly, and before they even know what happened, everyone will have ordered 100,000 chips EACH!

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting closer and closer to the truth.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All seven chips will be offered WITH or WITHOUT denoms.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Wooderson, now I HAVE heard it all. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

ten
Old 03-16-2005, 04:17 PM

[quote

Yes, I am now going to build a 14 chip set. All seven chips will be offered WITH or WITHOUT denoms. The NCV chips have Egyptian symbols in the place of dollor amounts, so that chips can be mixed and matched while keeping the theme.

I'm pretty stuck on the seven symbols, but I'm open to comments as always.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten,
Good to see the non-denom set. A nice set of non-denom clays should attract several additional buyers.

As for the designs, they don't seem to have as good a balance as the denoms. I think the symbols at the bottom need a bit more weight. Maybe a wider line, or maybe changing them to black line would add a bit of weight to them, and balance the chip better.

With the denoms, the denomination has enough weight to it to balance the color graphic on the top, and focus attention at the middle "Pharaoh's". By comparison, the non-denom versions seem a bit light on the bottom. To me, this is most noticeable on the green and black non-denom chips.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if we can only see the shaped inlay mockups. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brings to mind what is left:

1. Shaped inlays if possible. I prefer round, and realize I am in the minority - but in all fairness I may like the shapes when/if I see them. Is round or shaped considered more "traditinal/classic"?

2. Concentric circles if possible. I LOVE the concentric circles!!!

3. New mold size - unknown. I prefer the grand with matching inlays, but those standards with concentric cirles on the mockups are sweet.

4. Price yet to be determined. I think that anything under $.95 per chip, deliverd to my door, make this beautiful set the no-brainer of the century.

5. Delivery date. Patience is a virtue. I can wait for the best. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Keep up the GREAT work Johnny5 and Ten. Also, everyone's input is really adding to this set. I'm 95% sure I have myself talked into 2000 of the beauties... 100% on 1000. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. If this set was a go as-is today(current mock-ups & 14 chips), selling 100,000 would be a cinch.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now if we can only see the shaped inlay mockups. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brings to mind what is left:

1. Shaped inlays if possible. I prefer round, and realize I am in the minority - but in all fairness I may like the shapes when/if I see them. Is round or shaped considered more "traditinal/classic"?

2. Concentric circles if possible. I LOVE the concentric circles!!!

3. New mold size - unknown. I prefer the grand with matching inlays, but those standards with concentric cirles on the mockups are sweet.

4. Price yet to be determined. I think that anything under $.95 per chip, deliverd to my door, make this beautiful set the no-brainer of the century.

5. Delivery date. Patience is a virtue. I can wait for the best. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Keep up the GREAT work Johnny5 and Ten. Also, everyone's input is really adding to this set. I'm 95% sure I have myself talked into 2000 of the beauties... 100% on 1000. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Linen finish on the inlay area.

7. Total art charges (I think it'll be about $1,650) (for that matter, a final quote)

All of thse items are under my constant gaze. I'm still trying to get a lower price than .75 base. I will let you know what I can, when I can.

Ten
Old 03-16-2005, 04:32 PM

One more question:

If I fill out the promise to order page, how long are we looking at until we actually have pay for the chips (Roughly)? I would want some time to put the money aside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

C-Dog
Old 03-16-2005, 04:39 PM

You are the man Ten. I knew I forgot a few. I even forgot about my suggestion of trying to team-up with a retailer or wholesaler to get the order up to 250,000+ in the hopes of lowering the final price even more. Keep up all the hard/great work!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more question:

If I fill out the promise to order page, how long are we looking at until we actually have pay for the chips (Roughly)? I would want some time to put the money aside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

best guess right now is "a few weeks." maybe as few as 2-3. its hard to tell with paulson, especially with mold changes and such.

ten
Old 03-16-2005, 04:54 PM

You need to edit the first posts text now.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Ok, now that I've puckered up... I should have saved the love for hearing positive news of shaped inlays. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the designs, they don't seem to have as good a balance as the denoms. I think the symbols at the bottom need a bit more weight. Maybe a wider line, or maybe changing them to black line would add a bit of weight to them, and balance the chip better.

With the denoms, the denomination has enough weight to it to balance the color graphic on the top, and focus attention at the middle "Pharaoh's". By comparison, the non-denom versions seem a bit light on the bottom. To me, this is most noticeable on the green and black non-denom chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this on some of the non-denoms. The $5 looks the best I think in terms of weighted balance. Since there is a more horizontal piece at the bottom (the "panther") it adds weight to the bottom that is otherwise there due to a heavy, bolded number. Since not all the non-denom pieces can be horizontal like the piece on the $5-blank perhaps bolding the lines of the non-denom art or even adding a dot to either side of the piece to "frame" it. Say like this: