Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Fun with Ax suited

I was called a fish after this...less than 5 hands at the table so no reads yet..sorry.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 03-15-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Fun with Ax suited

I think this is the wrong spot to go for overcalls. UTG+2 liked his hand enough to raise the turn. He could have 2 pair, a set, or a straight here. He will most likely call if you raise, and may even 3-bet.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:56 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I wasnt sure what to do here against an unknown when i hit my hand. I think a raise pushes out the other 2 and I gain 1 bet from the turn raiser...but gain 2 if i get both of them overcalling. Tough to decide in like 4 seconds so I thought I would try the overcalls instead....
Old 03-15-2005, 09:10 PM

i definitely raise there with only 2 to follow, with the flush hitting don't think both will typically call and if one of them calls, it is the same as me raising the initial raiser... I especially feel this way because he popped the turn.