Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Like the Celacamp

I have recently been (gingerly) relaxing my "zero-tolerance policy" toward the turn raise semi-bluff. Though I concede this particular turn raise may have been for value.

Too cute in a tiny pot?

SB is unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 03-15-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Like the Celacamp

You have to make these moves sometimes in blind vs. blind situations. The SB needs to learn to behave. The paired-board-delayed-bluff is a nice one to do it on, especially since you have outs and may have the best hand anyway. Keep punishing the SB for playing out of position with you-- your goal is to cow him into submission. 4 handed if you can get the SB to break, you have a very profitable situation because you will wind up with a lot of free rounds when he refuses to play with you.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:42 PM

I tire of agreeing with rory, but I like this as well. Especially 4-handed, you have to keep the SB under control. And here, where even if behind you've probably got 10 outs, is as good a spot as any.

Question for you both: Assume he calls the raise and checks the river. Any value in a river bet? Obviously opponent-dependent, but I'm assuming A-high calls the river for one last bet and yer toast.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:17 PM

drop the ginger and apply liberally, especially in blind spots like this where the lieklihood of garbage form the sb is max and a K has showdown value should he call with his 3 or medium overcards like JT. Semi-bluffs only have to work so often and are huge for me for the meta reasons. Gamble it up!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. . . and are huge for me for the meta reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

We call it "Shania" in these parts, pardner . . . [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Er, at least, I think we do.)
Old 03-15-2005, 03:41 PM

i know but thats soo played out though shania
Old 03-15-2005, 04:54 PM

Ok, I will ask.... what is meant by "Celacamp?"