Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Baffled by AQo....

I was just taking a look at my PT stats and after about 5500 hands (not a huge amount I realize) the hand I've lost the most money, BY MORE THAN DOUBLE, is AQo.

I've gotten it 51 times, my VPIP is 94% and PFR is 78%. My overall win % with this is 45%.

I've been playing NL $1 at UB, Empire and Absolute. I used to blindly raise with it, since I've noticed how much I lose with it I've backed off. My usual pf raise is 4x plus one for each caller. If I miss the flop and no one bets into me I usually go 1/2-2/3 pot to see if I can steal it. Which is my usual if I pf raised.

What do you guys usually do on this? I think moving forward I'll raise in MP first in and possibly raise 1 or 2 limpers in LP. Probably just call otherwise.

Obviously my current strategy sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Baffled by AQo....

i complete/check in the blinds
i limp in EP
i limp/raise 50/50 in MP
i raise in LP
i don't call raises with it from anywhere

i'm looking to hit a TPGK and take it down on the flop from LP. from everywhere else, i'll take a shot at a flop that i hit, but check/fold unless i have EV for a draw.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:28 PM

I play 6-max, so take this for what it's worth to you...

For me, the worst hand (by far) is AT (suited or not). I realized from replaying my losingest hands with AT that I was HUGELY overplaying my TPTK's with it, especially in unraised pots, where I felt a higher "A" would have raised pre-flop. Now I just get away cheap (usually pre-flop) and save my money for better situations.

With regards to AQ, I play much like you do when I'm opening the pot, or against a late limper. However, I'm very tight with it in early position, and I will rarely play a raised pot with AQo unless I have a good read.

Maybe I'm a little too tight with it, but AQo is a decent overall winner for me, so it can't be that far off.

-Freeze
Old 03-15-2005, 02:30 PM

5500 hands is not even a small sample. your individual hand results are meaningless.

94 and 78 are probably too high in a full game.