Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 01:17 PM

Default 3-handed 10/20 NL

3-handed. You're on the button and have both your opponents covered.

SB seems tilting. BB is a good player who isn't afraid to gamble.

You have QQ and make it 80. SB immediately moves in for about 1500 total. BB thinks for a few seconds and goes all-in for about 2k total.

Do you call or fold? And if you think it's a no-brainer call/fold, please say so.

Regards
Old 03-15-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: 3-handed 10/20 NL

As you have both your opponents covered, I would go All in:- try and win it there and then, only scared of two hands, AA, KK and equal with AK, I recon they both got big aces, or JJ, TT, but probably one of each. Call and hope for the best.

If you are lucky, BB might think SB is tilting, and you are attempting to steal the blinds, and so you could easily be up against a lots less.

What they have?

ZCAHV82
Old 03-15-2005, 01:25 PM

sorry, Thought this was a tournament section, might want to ignore what I said above!

ZCAHV82
Old 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM

hmmm, the only thing that even remotely wants me to fold here is the fact that you've only got $80 invested in the pot thus far . . . SB's bet really seems like a medium pair you've got beat, and to me, BB coming over the top screams AK/AQ making this exact read and trying to shut you out of the pot (or perhaps vice-versa).

It's also very possible that SB has you on a steal, and BB is trying to pick him off and shut you out at the same time . . .

QQ is a monster three-handed. Given that and your description of your opponents, I'm calling here way more often than not.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:57 PM

I don't see how you could possibly fold here. You probably can rule out the possibility of the SB having AA or KK right off the bat with a high degree of certainty given the size of his reraise. Your hand plays well against the range of hands BB might hold, assuming that he also puts SB on a large range with little possibiilty of a truly top-end holding. Even when you are against AK and 99 you have a nice gamble here, and sometimes you will be up against two lower pairs or a pair and AQ or something.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:59 PM

I think this is an easy call, you likely have the sb dominated, and the bb could be pushing with AK, AQ, or something you dominate as well like JJ.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:01 PM

although calling in NL is never fun, you're getting 2:1 and BB doesn't need aces or kings to make this play. as such I think it's a call.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:34 PM

I agree with what all the posters said. I thought button had an easy call getting a bit less than 1:2, knowing SB would likely not have AA or KK, and BB is likely to know that.

SB held 99 and BB AA. I wasn't the button by the way, but the button, who is a good player, said he folded QQ. I didn't believe him, but wanted to check if some of you thought folding QQ actually is a decent play given the situation.

Regards
Old 03-15-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, the only thing that even remotely wants me to fold here is the fact that you've only got $80 invested in the pot thus far . . . SB's bet really seems like a medium pair you've got beat, and to me, BB coming over the top screams AK/AQ making this exact read and trying to shut you out of the pot (or perhaps vice-versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the BB call here with AK or AQ if he thought the SB had a medium pocket pair???
Old 03-15-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the BB call here with AK or AQ if he thought the SB had a medium pocket pair???

[/ QUOTE ]

See original post: "BB is a good player who isn't afraid to gamble" . . . [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]