Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Rules clarification.

If someone has less than the big blind and goes all-in.
BIg Blind 200, small blind 100, plyaer has 80.
Going all-in and winning the hand, would bring back 200 from each of the players in the pot (considering the BIG BLIND is the minimum bet allowed, whomever enters in the pot with less than the minimum would win the minimum from eahc other player).
Or is it treated like any other side pot situation, where u can only win the ammount u put into the pot (in the example 80 from each).

I have seen both rules in different sites. And I would like to know if there is an official rule.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Rules clarification.

youve seen sites that give you the equivalent of the big blind bets even if you put in less?
wow
what a boost for the small stack
just wait for youre blind and hope theres 5 callers
like if you had only $100 and the blinds were $1000, that would be sweet. although, nobody in the game should get in that hand. hmm.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:26 PM

The player can only win 80 from each player. If it is only the 80 chip player and the two blinds, no matter what, the 80 chip player can only win a side pot of 240 total.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The player can only win 80 from each player. If it is only the 80 chip player and the two blinds, no matter what, the 80 chip player can only win a side pot of 240 total.

[/ QUOTE ]
hes saying he has seen sites that for example if you go allin for 80 and the bb is 200,sb is 100, if you win, you get 480 total (assuming only the bb and sb play)
Old 03-15-2005, 02:06 PM

It's fair to say I would always buy-in the minimum in this game!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone has less than the big blind and goes all-in.
BIg Blind 200, small blind 100, plyaer has 80.
Going all-in and winning the hand, would bring back 200 from each of the players in the pot (considering the BIG BLIND is the minimum bet allowed, whomever enters in the pot with less than the minimum would win the minimum from eahc other player).
Or is it treated like any other side pot situation, where u can only win the ammount u put into the pot (in the example 80 from each).

I have seen both rules in different sites. And I would like to know if there is an official rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

The official rule (and quite frankly, the only rule I've ever seen in ANY game) is that you can only win from each player the amount you put in. So in that case, the guy all-in for 80 could win 80 from each other player; the rest would go into a side pot.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:38 PM

I'd like to know what sites would give the guy going all-in with 80 the 100 and 200 from the SB and BB.