Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Being a Winner!

To answer your questions.
For these speed tournaments, I believe the most difficult thing is surviving the Blinds when they come around, and thus the more you have relative to the rest of the table, the less likely you are to go out with crappy hands. Correct?

I do understand your logic about if a table is to break, and there is a good chance you will end up behind the blinds on the next table, but surely it is good poker to obviosly play these good hands whenever you get them from what ever position. My mentality is if I go out playing good hands, I don't mind. If I go out because the blinds got me, I don't mind, but I were to go out, playing hands I don't have to this upsets me! especially if there was poor lateral thinking in the first place. If you triple up in utg, then you have $15,000, and have a chance of getting yourself to the final table.

Surely the question is a lot different if you have 33,000. If you manage to triple up, then will have 100,000,and thus
have approximately one tenth of the whole chips out there, and a real good chance to boss everyone around, and even more chance to survive the blinds.

Obviously having the Big stack on your right is far better than on your left.

I was originally doing a lot better before I got to this point. I had 150,000 with about 20 people left( about one sixth of all the chips). I was in CO, and got Ace Qo, there was an UTG with 75,000, and he went all in, my thinking was he might have a PP, or trying to have a cheap shot at the blinds. Obviously I called. He showed AA, and I went down to 75,000. Should I have folded AQo. My thinking at the time was, I was the biggest stack, and had to Boss everyone around. Was my thinking wrong? Was it a debatable call. maybe this hand is more important for my demise than the previous one, especially in such a dominant position.
Thanks for you reply's, I'm sure this is improving my play.
Very interesting

ZCAHV82