FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Any word from paulson about shaped inlays? Matte/Linen finish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet.

Ten
Old 03-14-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: New Blue, and NCV chips added

[ QUOTE ]
I had to reload the page to see the images. The only one I don't like is the $500. It just does not seem to fit the rest of the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with this. All the other inlay images seem much more vibrant and "belong" the $500 by comparison really seems dull and flat.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:50 PM

Just FYI, if you offer a fourth non-denom chip in black Im in for probably 1000 chips
Old 03-15-2005, 12:09 AM

I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for a while. The group buy seems very interesting. I decided to call TrademarkPoker.com today to see what their bulk pricing is. I was told that for a 100,000 chip order the cost would be 75 cents per chip, plus artwork. They told me the artwork fees are usually around $350 total. If this is true, then the total cost should be .754 per chip.

The cost for 250,000 chips is not much cheaper than the 100,000 chips. This cost would be 73 cents per chip. Adding in the $350 charge for artwork would bring the total to .731 per chip.

Of course, this does not include the cost to ship 100,000 chips, but hopefully shipping can be taken care of on an individual basis.

Can someone tell me if there are any other fees that might be associated with this custom chip order through Trademark? Could the artwork fees be higher since these Pharaoh's chips have such a complex design? If not, it seems like an awesome deal!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told that for a 100,000 chip order the cost would be 75 cents per chip, plus artwork. They told me the artwork fees are usually around $350 total. If this is true, then the total cost should be .754 per chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you got the correct price for the chip. However, I was quoted $350 for EACH SEPARATE design, unless they were very similar (ie, a denom change only). I have already sent preliminary versions of all seven chips, and was quoted almost $1000. This does not include the three new ones I've added (NCV chips). It looks to me like they are charging $350 for the first one, and about $50 for the next six because they were fairly similar.

Keep in mind that Trademark has not been too consistent lately when it comes to facts and information. My FIRST quote, which was on the phone, was .73 each, and FREE art. I think that got nipped in the bud once someone heard about it. (yes, yes, I am trying my best to hold them to the .73 quote...) I'll iron all that stuff out once I get an ACTUAL quote, along with proofs.

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me if there are any other fees that might be associated with this custom chip order through Trademark?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there will definately be other fees. It's been hinted to me already that shaped inlays may have a cost. We'll see. There will probably be one or two other fees I just dont know about yet. Chipco for example charged me .02 per chip just for the freaking trays they shipped in.

The biggest jump in fees will be the retailer that vends them. They'll need .10 to .20 per chips to make it worth their time and costs. Just their credit card proceessing fees alone are going to cost them .02-.04 per chip. Then you have labor (the most expensive thing in ANY business). I am (and J5 is) putting many many hours of work into this, for free. You cannot expect a retailer to do the same. They have employees that are going to be working on this huge xshipping headache.

The retailer will have various other indirect costs related to running a retail business. Then, you must add his profit. We have to let him make a little money on it. He won't be doing it as a favor, and I'd never expect him to.

The biggest way to cut costs is to cut out the retailer. I don't see that happening, as we'd lose way too many members to the worry of sending money to a stranger for safekeeping (me). I could take Paypal payments, and Paypal has buyer protection, but it also has fees of 2-4% (2-4¢ per chip). I'm open to discussing this as an option for buyers that want the lowest price. But a retailer WILL be involved to allow anyone who wants to have it, to pay the premium for added peace of mind.

Ten
Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 AM

I don't know why, but I'd have reasonable peace of mind PayPal-ing the money to you Ten, if it meant a potential 13% - 27%+ discount ($.10 or $.20 per chip retailer margin pre-profit at a $.73 base price)
Old 03-15-2005, 01:44 AM

Default *** GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIS GROUP BUY!

[ QUOTE ]
The cost for 250,000 chips is not much cheaper than the 100,000 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

(skip to the last paragraph to see my main point, I get a little long winded sometimes)

Folks, we are throwing around the idea of getting an order for 250,000 chips, but we need to focus on the goal of 100,00 first. I have the "pre order' form set up to get an assesment of expected membership in the group buy. I can tell that people are taking it seriously, and not "stuffing the ballot box" because I usually get long comments with each order too (which keeps me happily busy answering questions and comments).

But we are just barely over a quarter of the way to our goal. Pretty soon we'll be ready to strike a deal with a retailer, and ready to approve proofs. After that, we're only going to have about 1-2 weeks of a "group buy" period to take REAL orders. I'll do my best to extend a second period of "lower than retail" prices for everyone involved, but beyond that the prices will be in the retail arena for an unknown period of time.

The point is, once we are ready to go with the order, we'll need everyone that wants a good price to pounce. That window of time between order opening and order ending will be small. So let's make the most of THIS discussion time, and get the word out everywhere! Post links to this thread so people will know about the ONLY CUSTOM PAULSON chip avalaible right now! Visit your other favorite forums, post links (where allowed/appropriate) and tell people about this awesome deal! We can't do it without a LOT more people!!! (And I know we can get them here...)

Here's the URL that I made for family and friends that keep asking "where can I go to see your chips?" -- http://tinyurl.com/4on7h (that leads to the first post in this thread) Post it in your regular discussion forums. Send email to friends that like nice chips. Hotlink any of my images if you like. Just please do your part and get the word out... (don't spam though)

Ten
Old 03-15-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: New Blue, and NCV chips added

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had to reload the page to see the images. The only one I don't like is the $500. It just does not seem to fit the rest of the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with this. All the other inlay images seem much more vibrant and "belong" the $500 by comparison really seems dull and flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The $500 is my favorite behind only the $1000! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was told that for a 100,000 chip order the cost would be 75 cents per chip, plus artwork. They told me the artwork fees are usually around $350 total. If this is true, then the total cost should be .754 per chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you got the correct price for the chip. However, I was quoted $350 for EACH SEPARATE design, unless they were very similar (ie, a denom change only). I have already sent preliminary versions of all seven chips, and was quoted almost $1000. This does not include the three new ones I've added (NCV chips). It looks to me like they are charging $350 for the first one, and about $50 for the next six because they were fairly similar.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a mistake in breaking down the art charge I was quoted. I think it's $350 first chip, and $100 each one after that. So we're already at $1,250.00 for art setup including the three blanks.

Ten

p.s. You know what the best thing about getting into the third page of the thread is? Not having to scroll horizontally anymore because of that huge-ass photo of jojobink's dirty orange chip. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 04:08 AM

Just some thoughts..

First I think the set looks great.. excellent job.. it looks like its going to be the nicest set ever. And I was somewhat sceptical of a new egyptian set.. but wow...

second. For me its not a problem if the 1$ is white or blue. I would prefer white but its not that big a deal. But I realize that for many people it is.. And we need a lot of people in this to make it happend. 100 000 is a lot of chips.. so my suggestion is to make more options..

it wouldn't have that much of an impact if there were a couple of more options when it comes to denomination.

If the setupcharge is 1250$ (if I got it right) and add a blue 1$ a white 0,25$ and a blue 10$ the set up charge would be (1250$+300$) 1550$ and why not add another blank.. the black.. then it would be 1650$ again asuming I got it right. then everyone would be happy

the difference in price is as little as 0,004$pr chip.. which is a fair price if this make the group buy go through.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]