Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Default KK all in preflop?

Please forgive my posting this one here. Im playing $1/$2NL at Party. I just started back at Party since they changed the blinds and wanted to feel it out before playing higher.

Theres a guy who is raising to $7 constantly. His VIP% is 41% and his preflop raise % is 17.5%. He also doesnt play very well post flop although he thinks he does.

(I got into it with him earlier)

He keeps raising to $7. This makes it tough for me to play my style of game so to get him to stop, I started making comments in chat like "why are you guys calling him? Reraise him, he has junk"

Ive seen him raise to $7 with QT, K8, 54, KT ect...

One guy DID reraise him with AA one hand but for the most part they are just calling him.
OK, I say all that to give you my reads.

Moron raises to $7, the guy who had reraised him with AA earlier calls, I reraise to $22 in the BB with KK. Moron now goes all in for $250. The other guy calls!

At first I thought that if ever there was a time to fold KK preflop, this is it, but then I thought that if the caller had AA, he wouldve reraised.

I used all my allotted time but decided to call. I had about $225 so the total pot is about $650.

What do you think?
By the way, I saw the moron limp reraise AA in EP earlier also.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: KK all in preflop?

I think I probably call....and get shown AQ/JJ or AK/1010

Or A10s/QQ...its a call I think certainly.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM

its a sure call because the other guy would think the moron is full of [censored] and call him with a mid pocket pair
Old 03-14-2005, 02:11 PM

Against two strong players there would be a case for folding. In this case I don't think MP would just call with AA and therefore you are almost certainly ahead.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:16 PM

hey iceman,

Would it be that much of a shot to your ego if you posted your hands in the correct forums? Or perhaps you could just post your hands in your own forum, as the resident genius there should have a very easy time with simple situations such as those you commonly present.

fim
Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey iceman,

Would it be that much of a shot to your ego if you posted your hands in the correct forums? Or perhaps you could just post your hands in your own forum, as the resident genius there should have a very easy time with simple situations such as those you commonly present.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Can 650$ be considered small stakes?
Komodo
Old 03-14-2005, 04:45 PM

yes

fim
Old 03-14-2005, 07:41 PM

So I guess that means you dont forgive me for posting it here?

If its so easy, what are you doing calling or folding?
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 PM

This is a poker forum, not a place to take shots at other people. Is it that important whether this hand is posted in the mid-stakes forum or the SS forum? Bottom line is this is a poker forum and he's posting an interesting hand for discussion, so in the future you might want to consider addressing the question instead of bitching about which forum the question was posted at.

As for the hand, I think I'd call. Moron could have AA but he could just as easily have QQ, JJ, and AK and caller probably doesn't have AA as he would have made a move when moron initially raised. You are getting great odds and if neither has AA you are in fantastic shape.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:49 PM

I would have called and lived with the results. when there is a moron at the table who raises almost every hand (or in your case, EVERY hand), players adjust and adapt. when you have a moron being completely stupid, players will really loosen up. even though you remain tight--all other players loosen up, even against you and not just the moron, they'll probably be giving looser action.

the moron you could easily have beaten. because hes playing like a moron, he could easily expect any reasonable hand to be good here, and the other guy who called him would definetly be playing QQ-JJ, AK ,etc.