Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: yet another \"what is the foxwoods act III like\" thread

good play, tough beat, better luck next time. Seems like you could have been a factor with over 8k in chips and an above average stack. sucks to lose to people that will call 2500 more with Khigh.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:28 AM

That's really funny that he said he thought he had you dominated. Since you raised over the top of him chances are good that you had J6 or K5.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Ouch, that sucks major assage. I mean, it's great you got your money in with the best of it, really stinks when they suck out on you. Must be nice for him, mommy and daddy paying his college tuition and all, so he can spend all his money on beer and poker.

With blinds at 150/300 he's raising it up to 1500, when a "standard" raise is around 900-1200. He (in my opinion) is pushing the upper limits of the % you should raise (he's bet out 23% of his entire stack here)

Pretty big overbet based on his holding and the amount of money likely in the pot at the time. Kinda reminds me of an online event. 70 players left out of 1,989 in a $3 NL tourney on PokerStars (yes, I know, it's a 3 dollar tourney, but first place is a nice 1300 bucks)

I'm currently in 10th chip position with 72K and some doofus with about 40-50K in chips doubles the blinds from 1000 to 2000 from mid-position. I'm next to act and find Q/Q and I push all-in, hoping a weaker hand will call.

Sure enough, the doofus who doubled the blinds calls.......with a K/2 SOOTED. Flop comes King high, with another King on the turn, and I find my stack down to 17K. I guess he was figuring that we were already in the money. But his stack was strong enough that he could make a legitimate play for the REAL money.

Later on I had my revenge, my K/Q ran into his A/A and I caught the two Kings, paybacks a bitch. He eventually went out before I did, and I finished up around 31st place, taking a whopping 21 bucks for my efforts. I had a real shot with my 72K stack to try for the 1300 bucks, but his bad call and lucky catch really hurt my chances. I was only able to build my 17K back up to about 35K before I busted out. Just couldn't gain any momentum after that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your beat, you'll get them suckers next time. Like Jennifer Harmon says, consider it like paying your bills or dues or something, it's part of what you owe in order to take their money in the long run (i.e. the only reason these idiots stick around is because they win with these crap hands enough to make them think it's a good play)