Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Made hand on river, last to act, so I check!!!!

Villian 53.3/4 w/ aggro of 0.74

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB

Comments on PFR and river check please. All streets are welcome though.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Made hand on river, last to act, so I check!!!!

i limp UTG+1 with QKo.

anyway, you miss a bet on the river for sure.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:31 AM

I bet the turn, take the free showdown.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:35 AM

How would you treat this hand?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets </font> ..........
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you treat this hand?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets </font> ..........

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong, but I like to check this flop. The board is pretty drawless, and there are only 4 cards you don't wanna see on the turn (the kings). If it's checked behind you and checked to you again on the turn, you can be pretty sure your queens are TP, and play it accordingly from there. (Bet the turn and river)

I want to know what someone else thinks though, because I've always had this nagging feeling that my flop check-through was weak.

edit: This is my line if it's readless. If I know button's a fish here, I'll bet out the flop, and continue to bet on the turn and river.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:46 AM

I like the raise. KQo is my early raiser. However, I don't bet into an Ace on the flop and would fold to a turn bet.

I could see myself betting the river for value.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 AM

Oh, I'd bet this river in the original hand if I took your line. A 9 might think he's stopping a bluff. But I prefer a turn bet instead.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:16 AM

PFR is standard.

I don't mind your line at all. As others have said, you might have bet the turn, but I don't mind the check behind.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:48 AM

These ones are a bit tricky. I'll add this though...a 53/4 opponent is going to see the turn a lot. So obviously an argument can be made for a turn bet. Nut no pair heads up against this loose of an opponent is worth showing down. On the other hand the opponent is fairly passive and is probably unlikely to bluff bet the river after you check the turn anyway. So I think either line is fine.

I think you missed one not betting the river here though.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:03 AM

PFR is fine IMO. I do it regardless of table texture. But this is the whole KQo debate that has been gone through a billion times here. Against this opponent I think I would have bet every street here. Wrong? Checking behind unimproved on the river of course though.