Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Hand History for review

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected I played the hand poorly; I usually raise on the flop but have gotten into a habit lately of waiting for the turn when there's a flush draw on the flop(stupid, I know). Good comments by all....and yes, I folded the best hand and the raise on the river was by MP2 who rivered his two pair. I need to post more hand histories as I've been breakeven since moving to 3/6.

Thanks,
Al
Old 03-13-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Hand History for review

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback. I suspected I played the hand poorly; I usually raise on the flop but have gotten into a habit lately of waiting for the turn when there's a flush draw on the flop(stupid, I know). Good comments by all....and yes, I folded the best hand and the raise on the river was by MP2 who rivered his two pair. I need to post more hand histories as I've been breakeven since moving to 3/6.

Thanks,
Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure Hand histories are the problem here if you folded this hand. Learn to pay off people on the river if you have a set. There are two really important things to remember:

1) The odds of one of your opponents having a flush is very low. Don't slowplay 2-flush boards or fold 3-flush boards because you fear a flush.

2) Be a lot looser on the river when the pot is big. No way can you put someone on a flush 85% of the time.

Both of those kinds of fears are very common for the weak $3-$6 players that you want to take money from.

By the way, I cap the turn and bet the river. The fact that he did not respect your C/R could just as easily mean he's an idiot, not that he has a hand that should not fear a C/R. And he's not "telling you he has a flush" at all. Even if he wasn't an idiot, he could 3 bet with top 2 pair. And your comment that "The pot is too big to fold" on the turn suggests that you are not aware that you have 10 outs vs. a made flush, and no way in hell can you ever fold a set on the turn vs. a flush.

Flopping sets should win you huge pots. That's why calling a raise with 33 is profitable. If you are afraid to be aggressive when you flop sets, then do not call PF with small pocket pairs.

And, by the way, losing when you have a set should be expensive. If it isn't, you aren't being aggressive enough with them.