Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Tekken 4 - Best Character

He can be deceptive and does good combos, kind of like Lei, but he sucks in close and a lot of his moves leave him open to counterattacks from good players. Most of the time when I play a Hwoarang type I spend a lot of time stepping back and then flipping them up in the air a hundred times.

NT
Old 03-13-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of it probably has to do with the lack of competition (or perceived lack of competition i guess, maybe the ai is good)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution if you haven't already done so. IMO, it's got the best fighting system of any 3D, and the AI is based off of the top arcade fighters in the world.

On topic, I always play as Hwaorang, not out of any owning on my part, but because he's fun as hell to play. That's why I play as Jacky in VF4 sometimes (but I still do damned good with him, I've played him so much).
Old 03-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Hworang:

D+3,4,D+3,D,WS4,4,FF+3
CD+3,3+4,(3,4)_(UF+4,3,4)
DB+4,F+3,3

etc...
Old 03-13-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can be deceptive and does good combos, kind of like Lei, but he sucks in close and a lot of his moves leave him open to counterattacks from good players. Most of the time when I play a Hwoarang type I spend a lot of time stepping back and then flipping them up in the air a hundred times.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this. However, as a player exclusively groomed on counterattck first ever since I first played Tekken seriously (when Tag first came out) I find him second to none.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Tekken is extremly competitive...

there is more and better competition at tekken than any other fighting game, perhaps any other video game, peroid... just not in the U.S....
Old 03-13-2005, 07:30 PM

Tekken 4 came out like 3-4 years ago. Tekken 5 was just released on consoles a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:59 PM

The best character in Tekken 4 by the end was Jin and it wasn't really close. Steve was pretty good also, as were Paul and Nina, but Jin basically killed everyone.
The main culprit was the just frame lazer scraper (referred to hereafter as JFLS). BF,2,1,2 (hold 2 until it just starts glowing then let go). Most characters in the game had a just frame where if you hit the button within 2-3 frames, the move would be stronger or something different would come out. Well, in Namco's infinite wisdom, the JFLS became a fast unblockable. Essentially if you got hit by the first hit of that, you would get hit by the unblockable and he'd get the combo of his choice since in addition to being an unblockable attack, it launched also. Brilliant.

Most major tournaments devolved into Jin vs. Jin with both of them trying desperately to play safe so as not to get hit by JFLS.

Tekken 4 was a terrible game. Tekken 5 is new and a better game. Play that.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Learn to do the phoenix smasher with Paul. Then just use that and tackle. Its all u ever need against all non pro opponents..
Old 03-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Hwoarang is a button smasher char for the newbies..