Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: American Idol thread.......Final 12 begins

i think nadia and carrie are awesome. they certainly have different styles so have the potential to go far. no "diva split votes" this year.

i think bo is amazing and is my pick for second. after moving more money into the market and shifting most of it to anwar, the only thing i would do from this point forward would be to add some more bo's. they should be 1-2 imo, so the combo can't lose.

i think mario is too broadway for idol, but that's only because of the other talent this year. he may have done well in season 1 & 2
Old 03-12-2005, 09:52 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i just watched the last male idol performance on my flight home. anwar really did kick ass on that, fantastic job.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just watched the last male idol performance on my flight home. anwar really did kick ass on that, fantastic job.

[/ QUOTE ]

burned on a dvd? how u watch it on a plane?

i hope that's not his best, because if it is not, we sure have some amazing stuff to come. i watched his performance 4 or 5 times (tivo), and it was just wonderful imo.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:24 PM

I think the key at this point is trying to figure out who the judges/producers of the show have as their pick. Idol may appear to be a completely fair competition on the surface, but in reality there is a lot of manipulation that goes on (judges commenting one way or another to influence the vote, performance order, possibly even picking themes that support the favorite's abilities...although that last one might be a bit of a stretch). While they can't gurantee the public is going to vote the way they want them to by applying some pressure in the right spots they can at least give someone a distinct advantage. Right now it seems they are giving the advantage to anwar and bo.

J
Old 03-12-2005, 10:27 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

www.btefnet.com has bittorrent downloads of the episodes in compressed (probably xvid) form
Old 03-12-2005, 11:00 PM

I think the key at this point is trying to figure out who the judges/producers of the show have as their pick

the producers would call this tapping on the aquarium. it opens a discussion that would kill the fun.

the producers may very well know who is the next american idol because they see the vote counts. with those vote counts, producers can do everything from bad makeup to false praise to maipulate the public based on the way they are voting. they can make or break anyone at any time because of the vote count info.

yes, idol is rigged. but just like a great movie, you have to relent that it IS makebelieve, but allow for that and enjoy.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:05 AM

it's worth amusing you to note that i have equal shares of anwar and bo, and less shares of mario. i'm curious to see what will happen with the lines on federov. he can't win but he's totally better than $5 (i have him too). nadia seems like a play that could break even pretty easily at worst and possibly make a few bucks if she surges over carrie.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm curious to see what will happen with the lines on federov. he can't win but he's totally better than $5 (i have him too)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the thing I most misunderstood as this is the first year I am betting these things. My mistake was buying people I thought would do well, not who I thought could make top 4.
Basically it seems when people get eliminated they go from 1-2 bid to 0 (of course) but the people who are left dont all go up...... the top spots go up and the bottom spots go down, as they are now most likely to lose the next week.

Based on that realization I expect to make about $3000 next year, this year I am just hoping to break even......

BTW.... I now own 5 Anwar, 4 Bo and about 20 Nadias.
I agree with Granny on the final 2, and plan on selling Nadias in 2-3 weeks as her price appreciates and moving the $ over to Anwar/Bo in a 2-1 ratio favoring Anwar

Perhaps I am biased, but one thing Ive noticed is that while Carrie and Mario are solid every week they have not had any memorable performances, they are just kinda there
Old 03-13-2005, 11:09 AM

Hi Jack!

[ QUOTE ]
www.btefnet.com has bittorrent downloads of the episodes in compressed (probably xvid) form

[/ QUOTE ]

I just downloaded "Burst" and am attempting my first ever torrent download from btefnet.com ....... any idea why it is so slow..... 50 hours remaining for a 350 mb file.
Is this the nature of the beast or am I doing something wrong??
Old 03-13-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I am biased, but one thing Ive noticed is that while Carrie and Mario are solid every week they have not had any memorable performances, they are just kinda there

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happened with Kelly Clarkson. No knew who she was untill there was about 4 left....