Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Interesting Strategy...

Gol is very good. How is 1k ALOT at 1/2NL? That is only 5 buyins, which is easily accomplished through good play/decent cards/good fish.

Don't forget though, when you see any of the pros at the tables with huge stacks, I promise you they have done the reload trick at least once. They go all-in and reload if they make a big bluff and assume they are gonna get called so they don't hit 0.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gol is very good. How is 1k ALOT at 1/2NL? That is only 5 buyins, which is easily accomplished through good play/decent cards/good fish.

Don't forget though, when you see any of the pros at the tables with huge stacks, I promise you they have done the reload trick at least once. They go all-in and reload if they make a big bluff and assume they are gonna get called so they don't hit 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe stars fixed that
Old 03-13-2005, 02:07 AM

no it still works
=)
Old 03-13-2005, 02:09 AM

oh
Old 03-13-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you asked him what he's doing down at 1/2 if he's such a hotshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He also plays the 5/10 and 10/20 no limit.

On a side note, in the 1/2 game, he bets $10 preflop and almost always bets $18 on the flop, no matter the size of the pot. He plays close to 30% of his hands. I have well over 3000 hands with him and he is a winner by a very large margin. I don't feel like looking the exact numbers up. I think the reason he wins big is because people don't respect him and just assume he is a maniac, just like r3v has called him in previous posts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Old 03-13-2005, 04:18 AM

I've played with him a lot also, and he plays very well postflop but a lot of players manage not to notice. He raises so many hands PF that weaker players never give him credit for anything and always pay him off. Because he's so aggro he gets a lot of people playing back at him with marginal hands that will only get called when he's got them beat.

Also, I saw someone ask him once why he was back at 1/2 and he said he'd had a really bad run at 5/10 and was taking a break.

-Solo
Old 03-13-2005, 04:45 AM

I looked him up in my PokerTracker database - I have 1700 hands against him at 5/10 - he managed to lose 4500 in that period...
His 'strategy' is pretty obvious and at the higher levels people are smart enough to reraise him, set traps etc, so I'm not surprised to see him back at the 1/2's - who knows, maybe it does work there...
Old 03-13-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a LOT at NL200.

Is he lying or can this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker players lie???

Lawrence
Old 03-13-2005, 07:41 AM

I have played him a lot at 5/10NL at Stars. He was not one of the best, but he was definitely not bad. A little too aggro. At least breakeven, quite possibly a solid winning 5/10 player. I suspect he has an easy time at the smaller tables.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:53 PM

I generally don't add to these gossip threads, but oh well...

My take on him is that he is the type that does very well against bad/mediocre/semi-knowledgeable players but doesn't do especially well against players who don't make lots of stupid mistakes and who know how to deal with aggression. So, he's better than most at making money in easy games but worse than some at making money in tougher games. How this translates into a win rate, I have no idea...

ML4L

(PS His having a $5k stack does not necessarily equal his being up $4k.)