Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Weird little sb vs bb confrontation

You aren't getting him to laydown a better hand and he's not going to call you with a hand you can beat. Raising the river is pure -EV.

Meow.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:37 AM

I have to agree with the Cat here. I cant see a guy with numbers like that laying down a better hand HU on the river. He definitely wont call with a worse hand. I think Enon played the flop and the river right, I'm not so sure about the turn.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:47 AM

"I cant see a guy with numbers like that laying down a better hand HU on the river.'

im not sure. i was wondering what sb would do with a 3 or even a 5 if he was raised on the river. that's why the raise appealed to me.

my second choice was fold. the whole hand just seems to have turned into one of those nightmare heads up no chop blind things where the board only gets scarier and the vulnerable/bad hand just looks much worse. oh man have i been there...
Old 03-13-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering what sb would do with a 3 or even a 5 if he was raised on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Party 15 games in question, they call or reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Meow.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:56 AM

I guess there is a small chance he folds a 3 or 5, I mean I dont think a raise would be horrible, but I think I like just calling. In that game, I just think guys like him will just about always put the one bet in on the end, if for no other reason than a steal raise in this situation isnt all that out of the ordinary, and they have seen it a bunch of times.

If it were live, I would like a raise a lot more. The problem here is that these guys dont use thier heads enough, or care enough about the last thrity bucks to lay down.