Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 02:10 AM

Default 88 vs coordiated baord.

Here is the hand. I just sat down so I don't have a read on this guy, but he has a pretty big stack (60BB), don't know if that means anything or not.

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

This coulda been a raise, but not sure. Please let me know what you think of this pf limp.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.
I put him on either on having the straight or the flush draw at this point. The flush draw is more likely.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Given my read on him, should i have check raised this? or just check/call like i did?

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Now the card that I feared the most came out. Easy fold?

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 03-13-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 88 vs coordiated baord.

EDIT: nevermind.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:17 AM

What's a readless opponent going to cap with on the flop here? check/fold the turn unless your 8 hits. 56 or A5 rings a bell, at .5/1 it's an uncommon opponent that bets his draws. Unless you've seen him go maniacal on flush draws before, that's not my first choice in hand reads.

preflop I don't raise 88 preflop EP with tables as loose as .5/1, raising mid pocket pairs aside from 99 is for isolation and protection usually, not so much set value.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:18 AM

Big stack means nothing at all. Dont read anything in to it.

PF limp g00t.

Villan capped the flop &amp; then declined the free turn card. He's unlikely to be drawing, and you are probably drawing to 2 outs. I'll fold the turn.

Absolutely fold the river.