Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

In reply to the post about the $5 chip image, I think that is the best inlay image of the group!
I'm strongly in the camp of the #1 blue chip, simply because I don't know if I will buy the 25 cent chip, and the blue chip is fantastic looking! I'm not thrilled with the $500 image either. But that's just me giving my nitpicky opinion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Regardless, I'll be buying at least 600, fantastice job Ten and Johnny5! You guys have really done some incredible work.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Official Thank You to Johnny5!

I wanted to keep all the designer's names of out the foray until the designs were done. It's still a little early, but I've been anxious to show Johnny5 some respect for all the work he's done, and for obsorbing the COUNTLESS emails from me everyday.

John offered to help out on this project for no charge at all. Due to all the hard work he's done (and what's yet to come), I am going to be sending him a set of 300 of these chips. Thanks again John, great work.

Ten

p.s. Please refrain from asking for any design changes directly to Johnny5. He gets enough of those from me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If asked, he will just tell you to mention it to me instead. I welcome all design requests in the public forum, and I welcome Johnny5 to the discussions.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:11 PM

Re: the blue vs white $1 chip I'm not sure making 4 chips instead of 2(two blue and two white) is a feasable solution(maybe increased buys would offset costs?)- it seems like something to consider.

Also, after someone mentioned inflation - wouldn't it make more sense to make the lowest denom the blank one? Say a blank wild white that could be used as .25, .50, 3, 10 or 5000 and then the blue $1 - to - orange $1000. I guess it depends if there are more people that want a 25 denom or a 1000 denom and not have their wild be that color. What I'm saying is - it doesn't make sense to me to have a wild that is the same color as a chip you already have in your set - so my suggestion it to just make the lowest denom be the blank(maybe white) and kill two birds with one stone and satify the most people. Just some suggestions.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:02 PM

That is a good suggestion. I could live with a 7 piece chip set that consisted of a blank, $1, $5, $25, $100, $500, and $1000. However, if the set were reduced to 7 chips I would rather have a 25c chip versus a blank.

Currently we usually run 2 tourments in a night with low limit games going on before during and after the tournaments for the people that drop out. The low limit games are usually 50c / $1 or $1 / $2. Therefore, we would never use the blank for our limit games. I would just buy a few more 25c chips. I could see us using the blank in tournaments as a $5000 chip and like the idea of a blank chip for future higher stakes games.

The one thing I know at this point is that I wont buy the blank if its the same color as any of the chips between $25 and $1000 since it isnt needed for our limit games.

At this point, Ten has already gone through the trouble of designing an 8-chip set and I dont believe it would save use any money going back to a 7 chip set so I will be happy with whatever Ten decides on the blank and $1 chips. I am just eager to see the final set Ten chooses and then I will adjust my 650 - 1000 chip order appropriately!
Old 03-12-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Re: $5 image not as 3D as the rest

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a common issue to me, vector (the pyramid graphic) vs. bitmap (the rest) images. The only one I really notice it on is the pharaoh mask ($1). Frankly I think it'll be fine but if you decide to do something about it, converting bitmap to vector is easy to not too hard depending on whether you get something you like on the first pass and could get you noticeably closer in style than just relying on the loss of detail from resizing and printing etc.

I'm sure your graphics guy can do it, or if he's unfamiliar with that, I'd be willing to take a shot.

Keep up the great work!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In reply to the post about the $5 chip image, I think that is the best inlay image of the group!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It was the image that drew me to the set in the first place (from the original design poll).
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Hey Ten: i'm jumping on the "great chips, i've got no complaints" bandwagon. oh wait, i do have a complaint; i've got to wait 'til june to get these babies in play? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Ten: i'm jumping on the "great chips, i've got no complaints" bandwagon. oh wait, i do have a complaint; i've got to wait 'til june to get these babies in play? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty much with Jojo here.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:47 PM

about breakdowns:

homepokertourny.com chips needed page recommends, assuming one table T1000 stacks

200 x $5
200 x $25
50 x $100
50 x $500

i usually run that kind of tournament. i dream of expanding to two tables, but for now, i'll probably go with some variation of that breakdown. i'd like to have a different set for cash table; i might nexgen/label some for the short-term.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i've been abusing mine for a couple of weeks and they're filthy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can some people post pictures of the white and orange so we can see how dirty we are talking about here? Maybe we can convince Ten to make the $1 blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

PS, I have been abusing my samples of these chips for a couple weeks now and they show very little wear, if any. Just some minor hand dirt on the orange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some pictures. The new paulsons have been shuffled for the past 2 weeks, id estimate about 3-4 hours TOTAL, they have never been used in a game.

Here is a picture of a Blue Chip James bond white, it has been in about 20 tournaments.

Here is a picture of my Le Cove white, this was shuffled for about 90 days, BUT it was only shuffled with a stack of 10 whites, although if they were made just like the new Paulsons you would still be able to see some dirt/rub-off on and from the edgespots.