Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 11:36 PM

Default Wild 15-30 Game

This is a 15-30 game that was semi wild, until the drunk guy showed up and he turned everybody up a notch. I was one of about 3 people that were decent, but capped pre-flop was not uncommon. I am UTG+1 and have KcKh, I make a comment something like here we go again, I raise...its capped before the button and both blinds call. 7 see the flop $420 in pot.

Flop comes Js7s2c, sb (only other good player) bets, I raise, everyone but one calls including sb. Now $600 in pot. Turn brings 3c. sb bets, I figure probably AJ, probably doesn't call $55 preflop with J7, might have set...I need to raise to make flush draws pay and I still think good chance I am ahead. (Top and Mid pairs have taken some big pots). Right move???? 2 call and sb raises. Now I know I am probably behind, against a set or AcJc, so I just call. $960 in pot. River comes Ks, making s flush. I only have $30 left in front of me, so I now its going in, so I bet all in, 2 callers, I take it down, sb had 77, not sure what other guy had. sb was furious and asked how I could have called the reraise, knowing I was beat. On one side he was right I thought I had 1 out Kd, but I couldn't throw it away there with pot odds. It worked out I did have a second out as no one was on the spade draw.

Any errors in the play of this hand???

Thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 12:55 AM

Default you played it fine.

Old 01-07-2003, 01:51 AM

Default I agree with Mike L.

Game like that, keep hammering away with overpairs until they reraise you, then call 'em down.