Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: why are party skins against rakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
There are many people who make several thousand dollars a month through rakeback which generates over 10k a month for party through that player.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! That's a KEY point!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:35 PM

If you take away that money that player is going to be loooking for a more profitable place to play and when that place comes around they are going to stop playing at party if they already havn't.

they won't go anywhere. thanks to some well placed marketing, there will always be more fish at party than anywhere. the high volume rakeback players will be angry, but there is no better game in town right now, even if rakeback were abolished.

what party is doing is either:

1. forcing pokernow out of business because not enforcing this on any skin but PN seems wrong

or

2. getting ready to do this across the board, and simply starting with PN
Old 03-12-2005, 01:36 PM

I think the big problem is that rakeback lures customers from other Party skins. So basically while the first affiliate you signed up under introduced you to the network and thus deserves his rakeback, that isn't true for the second sign-up.

In this case I think it also hurt the Party skins bottom line and they are the big daddy.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Most players signed up first at Party with no rakeback. They then created a second account with a skin and rakeback. The skin's rakeback plans have taken most of Party's best customers.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 02:59 PM

This is true. I would have never left party if I would have had rakeback with them. Best tourneys by far compared to empire/eurobet. They have lost tons of customers.

Here is what Party Poker should do.

Create a new skin and offer rakeback directly like Pokerchamps. Send their whole customer base an email and tell them this. Name the site something similar like pokerparty.com. I'd go back!
Old 03-12-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true. I would have never left party if I would have had rakeback with them. Best tourneys by far compared to empire/eurobet. They have lost tons of customers.

Here is what Party Poker should do.

Create a new skin and offer rakeback directly like Pokerchamps. Send their whole customer base an email and tell them this. Name the site something similar like pokerparty.com. I'd go back!

[/ QUOTE ]

oooo, good idea.

then we can move on and try UB-2... umm, i guess i meant UB-3
Old 03-12-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Huge opportunity for pokerstars/Paradise/Ultimatebet

Imagine the scenario,

There are numerous large Party affiliates with huge "stables" of poker pros and other high volume players suddenly not getting rakeback.

What if one of the other top-5 sites offered a rakeback deal to scoop a large percentage of these players....Say Paradise offered these large affiliates a rake back to any of their customers, even those with an account already (one that has no affiliate conxn yet). A lot of us have Pstars and Paradise accounts that we just use for reloads, while doing the bulk of our play for rakeback.

In one fell swoop, the faltering paradise or UB could massively increase their volume and stab Party while it messes around.

Cheers

Crowsnest
Old 03-12-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Huge opportunity for pokerstars/Paradise/Ultimatebet

and where are the fish going to come from?
Old 03-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Huge opportunity for pokerstars/Paradise/Ultimatebet

There will be so many p!ssed off multitabling rakebackers that at least a good chunk of them would be willing to try the waters at UB or stars with a Rakeback deal. These affiliates representing hunreds of thousands of $$$'s in rake are not without some persuasive powers with the poker sites.

Many multitabling 3-6 and 2-4 players would be willing to try elsewhere if they are still getting the 1BB/hr in rake back. As these sites grow fish will be drawn....Pstars is fishier these days than in the past...

Party still may be fishiest but won't ne forever. Also they should not take for granted their industry leading numbers in this rapidly mutating industry.

All I was suggesting is that the #2-5 sites should be aware of the opportunity this could present and act fast. High volume players are being cut loose, and should be courted with what they like....$$$$....If not fishy enough, tey may wander back....but these other sites should try and coax them.

Cheers

Crowsnest
Old 03-12-2005, 04:11 PM

They make more by abolishing rakeback if they do it and you don't leave. They would be essentially gambling that most won't leave and that it simply represents a ~20% increase in revenue from their busiest players.