Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Fun with KK. Live.

PokerBob told me that if I wandered over to Canterbury that it was likely that he would buy me a beer. So for a change, I played a little live poker. He did, in fact buy me a beer. Thanks Bob.

LIVE! 4-8 game. It was a really loose passive game earlier, but now it is more of a loose jacked up aggressive game.

I open raise in MP with KK, and it gets folded to the SB. I'm starting to think that I'm not getting any action this hand, but then the SB, a LAG asian player who likes to raise, makes it three bets, this probably means that he picked up more than eight chips, and decided to put them in play. Loose middle aged white guy, coldcalls in the BB, I make it four, and the SB caps it(five bets at Canterbury). so, three of us see the flop, and it isn't the best one for my hand.

QJT rainbow. SB bets out, BB raises, and I start worrying about him having AK. What could he stand all that action with, and then be able to raise on this flop? I call, and the SB calls.

Turn. smallish rainbow card. Let's call it a six. At this point, I thought that anything smaller than an 8 would be a blank. SB checks, BB bets, and we both call again.

River. Another smallish card. Maybe a deuce. I promise it didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the hand.

SB checks, BB checks, so what do you put them on, and what is your action?
Old 03-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Fun with KK. Live.

anything and KQ, so I bet the river
Old 03-12-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerBob told me that if I wandered over to Canterbury that it was likely that he would buy me a beer. So for a change, I played a little live poker. He did, in fact buy me a beer. Thanks Bob.

LIVE! 4-8 game. It was a really loose passive game earlier, but now it is more of a loose jacked up aggressive game.

I open raise in MP with KK, and it gets folded to the SB. I'm starting to think that I'm not getting any action this hand, but then the SB, a LAG asian player who likes to raise, makes it three bets, this probably means that he picked up more than eight chips, and decided to put them in play. Loose middle aged white guy, coldcalls in the BB, I make it four, and the SB caps it(five bets at Canterbury). so, three of us see the flop, and it isn't the best one for my hand.

QJT rainbow. SB bets out, BB raises, and I start worrying about him having AK. What could he stand all that action with, and then be able to raise on this flop? I call, and the SB calls.

Turn. smallish rainbow card. Let's call it a six. At this point, I thought that anything smaller than an 8 would be a blank. SB checks, BB bets, and we both call again.

River. Another smallish card. Maybe a deuce. I promise it didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the hand.

SB checks, BB checks, so what do you put them on, and what is your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't put them on a hand, and I was there. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 11:25 AM

anything and KQ, so I bet the river

I thought anything, and AQ, and I bet the river.

SB had AQ, and the BB had JTo. MHNG.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose middle aged white guy, coldcalls in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to bet this river. SB isn't folding his AQ and IMO it's an easy fold to a c/r.