Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 04:20 PM

Default online poker book

Hello all,

I am starting to write an online poker strategy book. I know there is a market for this because I can't find one on the shelves today. I have zero writing experience, but offer plenty of expertise in the online low limit genre. I have contacted Lou Krieger about this and he is in the process of publishing a book on internet poker within the next 6 months. The difference between my book and his will be that mine will focus on lower limits. If anyone with writing experience is interested in doing this project with me, please contact me at richspaulding@hotmail.com. or post a reply below. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Re: online poker book

How about if all of those making money at LL online pay you NOT to write the book?
Old 01-06-2003, 05:28 PM

Josh,

You don't have to worry too much. Most people playing online, expecially lower limits, do not play correctly and will not spend the time or money to improve there game.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:33 PM

"I know there is a market for this because I can't find one on the shelves today. "

I didnt see any buggie whips on the shelves at Walmart the last time I was there - does that mean that there is another untapped market? I'm only slightly pulling your chain here.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your credentials for writing such a book?
Old 01-06-2003, 05:35 PM

I know this is nitpicking in the extreme, but if you're going to write a book, you'd better figure out the there/their thing.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:55 PM

very true beer, also he said those who play online low limits do not try to improve their game, i personnally know two people who have been playing online for three years now and they only play 0.50-1.00 and 1-2 thats all and they average between 400-600 bucks a week profit, yes they play three games at a time but this is nothing to sneeze at errr bark at
TheRock1
partypoker
Old 01-06-2003, 06:14 PM

Please define "lower limits"
Old 01-06-2003, 06:19 PM

Beernutz,

The there/their was a typo. Besides, that's what an editor is for, right? Also, I know that the market for an online poker book is strong based on people just like you that are on a poker forum looking for hints/strategy.

My creditials are not very good. I have been playing online poker for 4 years with the last 3 being profitable. Playing low limit online poker has paid for mortgages, car payments, food, clothes, and toys. I quit my job at one point to pursue this full time. Although I did profit, I could not make as much as my job, so I went back to work. The book will be to help people who are "break even players" become winners. If I can do it, so can they. I would like to show them how. I don't know one poker author who is actually a good writer. They just happen to be very good at what they are talking about.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:21 PM

$3/6-.5/1
Old 01-06-2003, 06:25 PM

I quit my job at one point to pursue this full time. Although I did profit, I could not make as much as my job, so I went back to work.

Don't forget to include this in your book. Good luck with your new book. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]