Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: flopped the flush and still uncomfortable

[ QUOTE ]
If he is not going to fold to these pot committing bets, why is he waiting for a scare card to fall? Another spade would be disastrous. The board pairing is bad too.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt agree more.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:07 PM

Default fair enough (plus results)

OK fair enough across the board. I'm still opposed to the flop allin, but the turn allin makes pretty good sense.

As it turns out, MP3 had flopped an acehigh flush and I miraculously saved my last $300.
(MP2 had 888).
Old 03-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: fair enough (plus results)

[ QUOTE ]
OK fair enough across the board. I'm still opposed to the flop allin, but the turn allin makes pretty good sense.

As it turns out, MP3 had flopped an acehigh flush and I miraculously saved my last $300.
(MP2 had 888).

[/ QUOTE ]

What's interesting about this hand is that given all of your holdings MP3 played the hand perfectly.

But if you had been the one with 88 and MP2 had QsJs then I think not raising the turn would've been a mistake on his part.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but are you properly bankrolled for this game?

bc it looks as if thats what you were trying to do the entire hand.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense, but are you properly bankrolled for this game?

bc it looks as if thats what you were trying to do the entire hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yes, i am. honestly, i'm not stellar with deepstack decisions, as i rarely ever am in big hand over big hand situations with other 200+ BB stacks, especially not with rather substantial multiway action.
i wasn't trying to save money, i just really didn't know what the proper action was at any given point. i was very sure that, given stack size, calling the flop was the optimal line. after that, MP3 had me so bewildered that i couldn't come up with an appropriate line. given that folding was CLEARLY wrong, i determined that calling might not be optimal but couldn't be the worst thing ever.
as you can notice from my number of posts, i don't come across many hands that i find this confusing; not saying i have it all figured out, but i can usually approximate something reasonable.
thanks for all the input on this one though.