Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: A question: The fundamentals of backing

good thing this isn't the diamond business
Old 03-11-2005, 08:30 PM

i prefered playing with somebody elses money to playing with my own, and was willing to give up half my profit for this luxuury. I don't have a backer now and am playing at the same level

WD
Old 03-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Surely in the 200+ posts that have been in this thread so far, every argument that can be made for either side has been made. Most bad names that uncreative people can think of to call other people have already probaby been used as well. It is clear that Gaucho's actions are not going to have anything to do with any amount of debate that occurs in this thread, and so be it. Gaucho's decision should have much more to do with sitting down and having a rational discussion with Irie about the specific terms of their agreement, and what was or was not said specifically at the time they decided to enter a backing agreement.

I haven't filtered through all the stuff in this post, nor do I intend to. Honestly, I just want this thread to go away. It's pointlessness is excruciating. The only people this actually has anything to do with is Irie, Gaucho, and possibly Irie's other backees. I've seen decent evidence from either side, but I don't know or especially care what was said between the two pricipals of this particular agreement. In the future, I hope that anyone who seeks to enter into such an agreement from either side, will think harder, and be very clear about all eventualities.

In conclusion, meh.

citanul
Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 PM

OOh, if I could ask a quick question, actually?

What limits were you supposed to be playing under? I thought I read the 30s, somewhere. When was this backing arrangement active?

These are fairly important questions, please rsvp.

citanul
Old 03-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Default My solution

[ QUOTE ]
i prefered playing with somebody elses money to playing with my own, and was willing to give up half my profit for this luxuury. I don't have a backer now and am playing at the same level

WD

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I suspected. I also suspect that you played a very different style with someone else's money because you had no fear of losing it because you had your own to fall back on.
I hate this thread, I hate that I am drawn to this thread and continue to move it back to the top, and I hate that you don't get it, and never had any intention of getting it, and are only making things worse with every reply. I really liked points made in the Diamond business post, so what I am going to do is this:

1) I am going to click on your name which takes me to your page where I will see that you are a "Telemarketing Mogul." No comment.
2) I will click on the "Ignore this User" link. Now whenever you make a post, I will see "*** You are Ignoring This User ***" You are not the first I have given such treatment to, and you will not be the last.
3) You will be dead to me in the 2+2 sense. I will not benefit from your posts, but I think I'll get over it.

Go ahead and respond to this, I won't see it.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:03 PM

I'll throw my two cents in... I've read this whole thread (i have a boring job at times) and since I certainly have no ties with any single person at the forums, according to you, my opinion should matter. I'm 100 percent certain that Guacofish is in the wrong here. No doubt about it.

[ QUOTE ]
end the agreement by returning the bankroll and his half of the profit

[/ QUOTE ]

There it is in plain fricking English. How you could be so ignorant as to think that means returning a depleated roll of zero dollars is beyond me. Why would a person give you x amount of money and not expect to be paid back. Its just absolute insanity to me that you think that this isn't a loan. Its ignorant. You seem like a somewhat intelligent person, get real.

Be a stand up guy and repay the loan. Its not even a matter of legality to me its a matter of doing the right [censored] thing...
Old 03-11-2005, 11:10 PM

GauchoFish you sir are a douche bag.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:13 PM

Listen I don't know who's right or wrong, but I feel like Im on another planet here. If you back someone you are usually taking risk that the player will lose. If they lose the amount you backed, and you choose to no longer back them, then the arrangement is over.

The backer was the one who ended the agreement by not offering more funds to the player he was backing, once the original stake was depleted.

Once again, I don't know all of the exact details, but assuming it was the standard type of S+G backing I'm used to, the above should hold true.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:59 PM

I think Gaucho is just on a very uncorfotable position, If Gaucho had won, pay Irie back and then lost, then Irie wouldnt have had to pay gaucho...If gaucho won his money on a different level on the one in which Irie staked him then a decent case can be made for Gaucho...Gaucho youre cleraly [censored] on this fourm, you just got on a very unforutnate situation...cheer up anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..and I while I did previously support Irie cant be completely right nor GF cant be completely wrong...there are more important things than money just pay Irie his bux and maybe karma wll give them abck to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 02:56 AM

unimportant