Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 07:20 PM

Default i hate slowplaying

lately i've begun to slowplay really big hands. but it seems that at least half the time i get outdrawn. here is the latest example. i was dealt AKs in the big blind and the flop is TKK, small blind bets $60 and i call it gets called all the way around. the turn is 4, the small blind bets again and i call everyone else folds. the river is a 6 and the SB bets 100, and I raise him to 500. he calls and it turns out he as 66 for a full house. if only i had been more aggressive. damn.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: i hate slowplaying

Fixed your post:

lately i've begun to play poorly. it seems that at least half the time i lose when i play badly. let me whine about it. no one has ever heard a beat as bad as this one, i'm sure. i mean, look at this insanity! the nerve of them, occasionally playing there hands poorly and beating me. i berated him after the hand, but the table just mocked me. at least i'm willing to consider that i might have played the hand in some way poorly. damn.

[ QUOTE ]
lately i've begun to slowplay really big hands. but it seems that at least half the time i get outdrawn. here is the latest example. i was dealt AKs in the big blind and the flop is TKK, small blind bets $60 and i call it gets called all the way around. the turn is 4, the small blind bets again and i call everyone else folds. the river is a 6 and the SB bets 100, and I raise him to 500. he calls and it turns out he as 66 for a full house. if only i had been more aggressive. damn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-11-2005, 07:55 PM

I don't think your hand was big enough to slowplay.... I bet the flop with trips, poor kicker
Is it just me, or does this sound suspiciously like a bad beat post?

ss
Old 03-11-2005, 07:56 PM

It's not just you, it's a bad beat post. But homey didn't have a poor kicker.

citanul

edit: i personally don't find it a bad beat when hero plays crappy and loses.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lately i've begun to slowplay really big hands

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you missed the point, trips are not a "really big hand", particularly on a board like TKK. What do you do if a Q or J comes?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:04 PM

it's not really a bad beat post. some people may have noticed that i blamed my own bad play for the loss. but thanks for the nice comments.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not really a bad beat post. some people may have noticed that i blamed my own bad play for the loss. but thanks for the nice comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

. ..ummmmmm, yeah ... . you're not the sort of guy that looks for sympathy from others........OOPS. . now that I stumbled across this post I think I changed my mind. . .
Old 03-12-2005, 03:29 AM

pwned [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]