Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: RESULTS, sorta

I folded, then LP laughed and said "take it" and then folded. Button took it down uncontested. I was a little dissapointed in LPs river bet to say the least.

Given the villains later actions and the way he played two other hands, I believe he had JJ or AT.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: RESULTS, sorta

I think LP's fold on the river may be the worst move in the whole hand. What is he taking to the river AND LEADING OUT WITH that he won't call a raise with? Terrible play, IMO.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: QTs, this one left a bad taste

I can't believe how many people are saying muck this on the flop. Maybe I'm nutty, but Hero is getting 8.5:1 on his call here (17sb/2) and probably has 5 outs, not to mention multiple back door potential. I think this is an easy flop call, am I way off base here?

The turn is terrific, right until you just call the raise, 3 bet. Any hand that called your bet probably has a live draw against you, punish them, if it gets 4 bet...re-evaluate.

River--Given that you just called, I'd lead the river as well, and try and get the folks in the middle to call again, obviously you'd call a raise. I'm gonna go read the results now.

lf
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: QTs, this one left a bad taste

[ QUOTE ]
MP could have easily been betting A-high in this spot, or any other pair (88, 99, 9T).

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that MP would play A-high in a multiway pot with 2 cards in the playing zone? Unless he has a fifth of Jim Beam glued to his forehead, there is no way I'd make him for those hands, but you give no background on MP.