Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Rest of the hand

Added from memory.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button 3-bets, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn is a blank, I bet, button folds.

AK/AQ/AJ/KQ were getting the odds to call.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Give me a frop line

[ QUOTE ]
Is all this because of "Team America: World Police"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh started using frush and crubs so I like taking things too far.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:57 PM

Where can I find an English translation of these poker terms? What's a "Frop"?

I'd say bet; you're ahead, but only slightly. If you give everyone a free ride by checking and a picture card, spade or Ace hits the turn, you're history, no?

Better to give other people a reason to fold a marginal holding rather than stay around to beat you.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure it's close to 50% the button has a higher pair than I do given that he's a TA, it was 2 bets to him, and he raised. If he doesn't have a higher pair, he probably has AK or AKs.

If I check and it gets checked through to him he will bet and I still won't know what he has. However, if I check raise I might get the pot to heads up and it's probably 50-50 that I am ahead under than scenario (unless of course he makes 3 bets). Heads up with a 50% chance of winning for these pot odds would be a good thing. This line looks OK.

If I bet out, I "might" eliminate 1 or both of the other players anyway, but I can't be certain. If the villian calls, I figure I have him beat and can keep betting out. If he raises, he's probably got a better pair and I should head to exits with so few outs - which would save me some money 50% of the time.

I think the first line is better. However, if I thought I could knock out the other 2 players for a single bet, I might prefer the 2nd line.

If I use the check line with the intention of check-raising and one of the other players bets, I think I am kind of lost unless the button raises (then I can fold). However, if he doesn't raise I have a tough decision because I probably have the button beat, but I really don't where I am. There's probably a real lot of draws out there than can beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you estimate the 50%? Is it the number of hands you beat out of the total number of possible hands villain might 3-bet with? So:

AA (6 ways)
KK (6 ways)
QQ (6 ways)
JJ (6 ways)
(24 beats)

TT (1 way)
AK (28 ways)
(29 wins/splits)

It seems that if you assume a TAG villain would 3-bet w/ AQ that adds another 28 wins, so you might be better than 50%? (57 possible wins out of 81 possible hand combinations = 70%?)

Am I doing the math right here?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:22 PM

I'm going to guess check/raise forcing two-bets on UTG+1 and MP2. Try to get it heads up with Button.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:24 PM

check the flop, call a bet from teh button. I think im waiting for the turn to c/r. This also makes sense because your equity on the turn will be a lot higher if a safe card comes, this is when you face the field with 2 cold to drive them out.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Any AK is 16 hands.

Any AQ is 16, but AQs (4) is more likely.

I wasn't trying to be exact because everyone has slightly different standards. I was just using a round number. Sorry if it came off as an exact calculation.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any AK is 16 hands.

Any AQ is 16, but AQs (4) is more likely.

I wasn't trying to be exact because everyone has slightly different standards. I was just using a round number. Sorry if it came off as an exact calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't come off as exact, I just wanted to see if I understood the concept of how to estimate. Yep, 16 combos not 28, my bad. So, 24 bad, 21-30ish good = approx 50/50. Got it, thanks.