Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Bad play at every step?

I'm not sure I played any street correctly here:

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.01.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 03-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Bad play at every step?

fold the turn. you've only got four real outs. counting 9.5bb in the pot, cold calling 2bb isn't giving you near the odds you need. not to mention having SB reraise would really suck.

I think. I kind of suck at counting bets.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:45 PM

Shorthanded, preflop is OK.
Flop is awkward. You might be ahead, but I wouldn't cap unless I had an aggressive read on SB.

Absolutely fold the turn. You do not have odds to fill up on the river. Fold the turn.

And on a more general note, it's probably not to your advantage as a developing poker player to play shorthanded penny games - they typically do not correlate with higher levels. I suggest you take a stab at .10/.20 or .25/.50 as soon as you feel comfortable.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:47 PM

Limp preflop.

Both players called your raise preflop. BB bets into the preflop raiser on a flush board. What could he have? You raise and SB goes for the c/r 3-bet. What could he have? You are dominated here more often than not. You should call/fold this flop.

Your turn call was horrible. You were drawing to 4 outs. You called 2BB into a 10.5BB pot. Calling 1 BB is marginal, but never call two cold here.

River - Excellent.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:50 PM

pre flop is good.
flop I would just call. I would have waited until the turn to raise if it was a blank.
turn fold you didn't have the odds to call one bet much less two and your trapped between bettors not closing the action.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:50 PM

The game had just become 5 handed. I generally leave a table once there are only 7 players, but for some reason, I stayed for this hand. I normally do not play shorthanded.

Agree on the turn. I realized it shortly after posting.

On the flop, was calling the 1 bet justified? What could I be ahead of that I can draw to?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:54 PM

"Limp preflop."

No.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:56 PM

You are right. Short-handed this is definitely a raise.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm going to take a shot at this before I read anybody else's, and I'll try to resist the urge to edit:

Yep, bad on every street. Don't raise KJo preflop, unless, maybe, you're first in from CO or Button. Just call the flop...raising only makes it 4.5 to 1 with a flush draw looking at about 2-1. Fold the turn, you're drawing to 4 outs and only getting 5-1 from the pot. Having stayed in this long, don't fold the river to one bet; SB didn't re-raise on the turn, he's not re-raising on the river.

Howzat?

(EDIT: Ok, I lied. Didn't notice it was 5-handed, so the PF raise wasn't so bad. I stand by the rest of my post.)
Old 03-11-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River - Excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Folding to one bet in a large pot on the river? Excellent?