Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Newbie Question: Help guide my \"career\"

I got this in the wrong forum the first time...sorry to anyone who went through this twice...

=============

Hey all...new user here...hope this is the appropriate forum. If not let me know.

I need some guidance...I am a new player. I have been playing for about 18 months. However...for about the first year, I was the guy everyone hates. Ax and I would ride it to the river to crack your KK, QQ, or JJ. I would be the suckout chaser of straights and flushes that would hit runner, runner. But, like all players who play like this, it was bad play being rewarded enough to keep me doing it because I did not know any better. Then I would just get hammered. Finally I decided I needed to figure out what I was doing wrong and got myself a ton of books, software and videos to get educated. I believe I am now...at least somewhat. This is where I need the help for you more experienced folks.

I play on Pokerstars. On 11/30/04, I had $30 in my account. Since then I have been playing .10/.25 NLH almost exclusively. My bankroll is now at $481.00. So, I am up $451 since then (I did loan out $65 to a friend, but it is not back in the bankroll yet). What I am looking for is advice on moving up in the limits. But I am not sure which one. Should I just move up on level or should I go up another? I don't like the current one because the players are so loose. Raising to protect a small or middle player or playing position is not really an option. You just get too many really loose players that will call and continue to.

So...a long story to get here. Any advice on moving up in limits? Also, what type of bankroll do you recommend in relation to the limits? Maybe I should continue where I am and build some more cash?

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Newbie Question: Help guide my \"career\"

see here for bankroll questions: SSNL FAQ

10x the buyin is a good start, unless the stacks are shallow but I think they are fairly deep at PS.

as for moving up, why not take a shot? take 1-2 buyins and go for .25/.50 or whatever.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Newbie Question: Help guide my \"career\"

I need some guidance...I am a new player. I have been playing for about 18 months.

Hell thats 2wice as loing as me you luckbox lol...

As for bankroll your fine to go 2 50$ now...there isnt that big of a jump either the big jump is to 2-4....had some bad experiences there with my roll yikes.