Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Really beating myself up (Qx suited????)

Also, i was almost going "on tilt"...

I had a healthy chip stack on the bubble and i raised 5xBB (t2000) with AKo and had the BB push on me for like t2000 more with Q4s...he caught his queen on the river...

Had another guy UTG raise to t1000....i came over the top for t3000 in the BB with AKo and he called (that about put him all in) with 88....I said wow, good thing you KNEW i didn't have 99-AA and he just shrugged as he caught his 8 on the flop anyway....oh and said, i swear to you, "88 is a powerhouse"

Just a lot of players having no respect for raises and i couldn't win a race or even a dominating situation...

Then my ATo i raised UTG hit a QQ who went all in for 2x my raise so i had to call in case he had a weaker ace/underpair....

Things went to **#$%#W$ pretty quick and i couldn't see rolling with the A4o....guess i learned my lesson although i think i used up the times i'll win with that kind of crap in that situation.....
Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 PM

One important point that did not get mentioned (or I missed) is that with 5 left, on the bubble, a steal is likely from any position. It's very possible that A4o is the best hand.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 PM

UTG steal? "calling" a steal? I suppose...i see all the reasons why i should have done it (especially that i WOULD have tripled up)

Let's say that my strategy had worked...b/c someone almost did bust after the hand...would it then have been a decent strategy?

and above i mentioned my ATo UTG raise hitting QQ....so my play was good and just unlucky? I felt stupid for raising UTG with ATo...i was hoping the shortstack would push with A9o-
Old 03-09-2005, 09:28 PM

Binions daily tourney, I was in the BB, had a stack of maybe 7k with 2k/4k blinds 500 ante 6 handed (so 9k in the pot and I have 2.5k left after posting) and button puts me all in and I look down and see 52o and call. The table looked at me like I was crazy, I thought it was automatic. When you're getting a big overlay and also the stack that you could possibly win gets you off of life support and gives you a chance to actually win it instead of limping into the money I think you call with any 2.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 PM

i know the concept....it was mainly that i had A4o...i mistakenly credited one or both players with having an ace and figured i was drawing pretty dead....i'd RATHER call with 52o...a player indeed did flop a wheel with 62o all in last week against JJ [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 03:14 AM

You have to call. You have absolutely no folding equity. Your opp is liable to put you all-in with almost anything here. (As his hand shows.) a4 certainly runs the risk of being dominated, but it is a well above-average hand. Opp could have Kx, qx, jx, small suited connectors, 33, 22, or any number of other hands where you're either a coinflip to win or better. You should be thankful you're at least sitting on an ace here. Grit your teeth, and push your chips into the middle.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:53 PM

What is with these people and Qxs, and I cannot believe all the stories I hear (and see) about this hand. It is the most powerful hand in holdem!