Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2002, 06:48 AM

Default 2+2 How much power do we have.....\"OPERATION LOWER THE RAKE\"

do you think that we here at 2+2 could gain enough momentum and do we wield enough power to shutdown an internet pokersite. Say for any random old reason, could we start enough rumours and get enough players behind us, obviously spreading info through the website itself and other poker newsgroups to completely make it go bankrupt.

obviously with paradise this would be virtually impossible, but say one of the medium to smaller size rooms.

i would love to have a site begging at our feet here at 2+2 to lift the ban, by offering lower rake or better deposit bonuses. and when they comply we could move on to the next site.....kind of like when people in a city get so fed up with gas prices that the whole city boycots a certain gas station until that station gives in and lowers their gas price forcing others to come down as well.

is anyone with me for "OPERATION LOWER THE RAKE"
Old 12-31-2002, 07:56 AM

Default Re: 2+2 How much power do we have.....\"OPERATION LOWER THE RAKE\"

It's a good idea but the only site (i think) where there are enough 2+2-ers for the campaign to work is ACR...and they are already offering the best promos. Furthermore, ACR lack of significant success shows that players are not interested in the best promos. Also, lower rake didn't save highlands. But it would be nice to see such a campaign succeed.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:23 AM

i would love to have a site begging at our feet here at 2+2 to lift the ban, by offering lower rake or better deposit bonuses.

or getting a mutually agreeable gaming comission to review them.

Old 12-31-2002, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 2+2 How much power do we have.....\"OPERATION LOWER THE R

there was a post about unionizing online players over at rgp during the summer. let me just say now that i don't make enough to pay dues.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:24 PM

You can offer free lunch,girls in short skirts,free drinks, great promos and the power of the group.The only reason a website or B&M room would offer lower rake is to gather players,this will never happen. POKER PLAYERS ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN FINDING AWIDE CHOICE OF GAMES ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NITE. If there is a cash machine close by, so much the better
Old 12-31-2002, 01:34 PM

Default Re: 2+2 How much power do we have.....\"OPERATION LOWER THE R

How do you walk a picket line in cyberspace?

What could be more antithetical to being a poker player than a union?

Unions. Ugh. Just the thought boils my Klingon blood. Who needs union P'ToQ?
Old 12-31-2002, 03:33 PM

Hi Rusty Jedi:

WOW.

I have some major problems with this idea. While I do believe in speaking out and having vigorous debate concerning the pros and cons of a site -- the recent discussion of the Party Poker Million would be a good example, I think that organized Two Plus Two boycotts might be taking this a little too far.

I believe that marketing efficiences should take care of things. That is if a site has poor software, poor support, rake that's too high, these can be discussed here and then posters and readers can decide for themselves as to whether they want to play (or continue playing) on a particular site. But for me, or someone to tell them in the name of Two Plus Two that Site ABC is now off limits has potential for tremendous abuse of power.

In addition, we are trying to get site representatives to participate here and get feedback, both positive and negative, from our posters. Dave Gzesch (True Poker) and Mike Sexton (Party Poker) have been on these forums recently, and even though Mike got beaten up a little, I'm sure they both will tell you that the feedback is something that they will consider in future decisions. But if something like you suggest was done, I'm sure that would stop.

So let's keep the vigorous discussion going, and let the sites know their good and bad points. But let's make sure we don't threaten them in any way. I think that would do more harm than good.

All comments welcome.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 12-31-2002, 04:14 PM

" But let's make sure we don't threaten them in any way."

ROFLMAO

MS Sunshine
Old 01-01-2003, 01:52 PM

Actually Rusty, both your intentions and your methods are bad, but if 2+2'ers really want a lower rake, I'm guessing there's a very easy way to get it.

Instead of threatening a mid-sized site (which will serve to make everybody hate you and everyone associated with you), try the other method. Group all your buddies together here, and approach a small site. Tell them that in exchange for a max $2 rake per hand, you'll guarantee them 100 players with at least 20 hours of play per week. If the 2+2'ers don't deliver, they can take the difference in the rake out of your account. My guess is you can find a taker in less than 10 minutes.

The old 'you can attract more flies with honey' theory. Question is...how much do YOU trust your 2+2 buddies, and how much do you want the lower rake?

Let me know if you need any help selling the idea. I believe I can make it happen. You put up the dough. I'll get it done. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 05:28 PM

Juggler

you are right... but there IS such a small site that offers about half the rake of the others... www.24hpoker.com. I would love if we gave them some action, so that the big sites have to follow.

Rake table

Pot ($) 2-3 players 4-8 players

1 - 4.75 $ 0.00 $ 0.25
5 - 9.75 $ 0.25 $ 0.25
10 - 14.75 $ 0.25 $ 0.50
15 - 19.75 $ 0.25 $ 0.75
20 - 29.75 $ 0.25 $ 1.00
30 - 49.75 $ 0.50 $ 1.50
50 - 99.75 $ 0.75 $ 1.50
100 - 249.75 $ 0.75 $ 2.00
250 + $ 0.75 $ 2.50

regards