Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Default O8 6-max games?

I'm new to this forum btw having posted mostly in the 1-table forum. Been playing O8b for about 2 months for a change of pace and to clear bonuses, have just read Tenner/Krieger and most of what's been posted here.

Anyhow, are there regulars here who play the 6-max O8 games at Party or Stars? I've been playing the 1/2 games at Party and have found them to be very fishy (as expected with any Party games at that level I guess). I would like to move up but the next level up for 6-max at Party is 5/10 and I would have to assume the level of play is quite a bit higher. Would this be a correct assessment? How about the 6-max games at Stars? I believe they have 2/4 and 3/6. Should I try these out or is Party fishy enough at I should just jump into 5/10?

FWIW, my 6-max stats are somewhere on the order of VP$IP of 40% PFR 15% 5BB/100 at 1/2 at just over 10000 hands.

As a NLHE SNG player, o8 is definitely a nice break from the grind, I really like this game and would like to get better.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: O8 6-max games?

I've been playing around with the party 6max also, and you're right...very fishy. I also tried out a couple 6max at stars and found it to be just as good as the party games. If you don't have a bankroll to support going right to 5/10, I'd say go to stars and work your way up.

I like your stats. I started out with a 40 VPIP and was doing good. I tried bringing it down to 30% and realised I was missing out of a lot of profit.