Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Bonus Question

To me this is a rediculous question because the answer seems so easy, but i have no clue what the correct answer is so i must ask. In regards to deposit bonus's, if i deposit the maxium to get the maxium bonus can i pull that money out in a day or two and just leave what i need in to grind out the bonus, or does that send up some flag on me.

ex: Deposit $500 to get the maxium $100 20% bonus, then a day later pull out $300 of the $500 and move it to another poker account. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Bonus Question

[ QUOTE ]
Deposit $500 to get the maxium $100 20% bonus, then a day later pull out $300 of the $500 and move it to another poker account.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty standard among posters here.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:42 AM

No problems with this. We all do it here. Who want to have $1000 in their Party account playing .5/1. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ex: Deposit $500 to get the maxium $100 20% bonus, then a day later pull out $300 of the $500 and move it to another poker account. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do even more blatant things than that - at least I frequently do at Party and Skins. New bonus? I withdraw $1000 and then redeposit it to get my reload bonus literally hours later. They're paying you the bonus to get you to play all those raked hands and you'll have to do that regardless of where the money comes from or how long you leave it in your account so I really don't think you need worry about it too much.

That said, I believe some sites have limitations on things like this, particularly those that pay out incremental bonuses by releasing the bonus every x number of hands. Party makes you play the whole shebang within a certain time period or you get nothing so they really have no reason to limit you.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do even more blatant things than that - at least I frequently do at Party and Skins. New bonus? I withdraw $1000 and then redeposit it to get my reload bonus literally hours later. They're paying you the bonus to get you to play all those raked hands and you'll have to do that regardless of where the money comes from or how long you leave it in your account so I really don't think you need worry about it too much.

That said, I believe some sites have limitations on things like this, particularly those that pay out incremental bonuses by releasing the bonus every x number of hands. Party makes you play the whole shebang within a certain time period or you get nothing so they really have no reason to limit you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would this be correct. I just signed up for empire poker, and deposited 500. Can I withdraw this amount the next day and then redeposit for the reload bonus and then start playin .50/1 on empire?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:00 AM

Yes.

You would probably need a web wallet like NETeller or ePassporte to receive / deposit money fast enough though. If you use iGM-Pay it can take up to 2-3 business days for each transaction as opposed to an hour or two.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So would this be correct. I just signed up for empire poker, and deposited 500. Can I withdraw this amount the next day and then redeposit for the reload bonus and then start playin .50/1 on empire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it. Just realize you're going to have to play a TON of hands in not much time to clear. Your best bet is actually to get your deposit bonus cleared first and time your reload so you have the maximum number of days to work off your reload bonus as you won't begin clearing hands on it until after your deposit bonus is already cleared. . . it's late . . . I hope that made sense?

The short answer was: YES! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Which features are best for quick transfering money for bonuses? Don't the Neteller features charge a fee for the quicker services? How useful is iGM E-pay?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which features are best for quick transfering money for bonuses? Don't the Neteller features charge a fee for the quicker services? How useful is iGM E-pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only for transactions with your bank account. Pulling money out of Party has always been same day for me and depositing it is < 15 seconds. Putting the money into your bank account takes 2-3 business days and pulling it out takes 4-5 in order to avoid the fee you're asking about. For these bonus related transfers there would be no fee at all.