Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Two hands

I was wondering if somebody could comment on these two hands. My post flop play is terrible and it costing me a lot of bets since I'm playing the loose game guidelines listed in SSH.

UTG-1 is a loose player/fish. I've seen him raise with A2 suited from the big blind and raise some very weak hands on the turn and river.

Is my read on this guy enough to take this hand as far as I did? I figure I'm either way ahead of him, and if not I have a number of outs. Is capping the river silly with this board and the action on the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

MP1 and MP3 are extremely loose players. Both see over 50% of the flops and will bet the flop with just about anything.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

I think check raising the flop was a bad idea. Betting the flop may get two more callers and even a raise from MP3 that I could three bet. I check raised because I was scared of the two heart board.

Value bet this river?

Thanks,

JT
Old 03-08-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Two hands

Capping the turn in hand 1 is silly. Capping the river in hand 1 is major chip spewing.

Hand 2, bet every street.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:36 AM

1:
turn: capping vs. just calling the 3-bet is close.... I'd tend to cap, esp against a fish... if he bets out on the river I just call. be careful about going gonzo HU - these are the situations where you loose the most to win the least...

2:
flop: all that c/r'ing a late position player did was eliminate players that would have been paying your set off. Bet out!

river: don't fear the flush/straight. bet for value
Old 03-08-2005, 12:38 AM

furthermore in hand 1 you should ask yourself, what hands would three bet me here... as far as i'm concered its either a split pot or your behind to a house...

like above said, going gonzo on the river over trips is just silly
Old 03-08-2005, 12:52 AM

Hand 1:
Your read says you've seen him raise some weak hands on the turn, but has he 3-bet them? He's a fish, not a maniac, right? I think the 3-bet says he's not afraid of you having trip Qs. Call down from there.

Hand 2:
Bet out all the way.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 AM

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate them.

hand 1: The confidence in my read is whether or not I call a three-bet or cap the turn. Call the river. Definately chip spewing.

hand 2: I was pretty confident that this was played terribly as well. Two terrible mistakes in one hand.

JT