Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.
Default zephed56 pancakes Waffle HU (Warning, Multiple hands)

Just finished a $5 HU sng at Pokerstars.

My opponent, the poster Waffle, is new (so he says) to shorthanded and HU play. He plays very aggressive, and bluffs frequently. He NEVER folds preflop, and ALWAYS raises from the SB. Literally.

So eventually I gave up playing crap hands, and trying to steal his blind, and instead focused on raising hands for value preflop.

Postflop, he was unbluffable. I suspected he bluffed a lot too. He liked to raise me on the turn. And early on, I laid some hands down. I probably shouldn't have. He was tricky.

Here's a couple hands from the match.

================================================== =======
Early On

<font color="blue">PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t10 (2 handed) converter

Hero (t1230)
Waffle (t1770)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button Waffle raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB, t40) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Waffle bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Waffle calls.

Turn: (4 BB, t80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Waffle folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB (t100)</font>

I should have let him bet for me and popped him on the turn or river.

<font color="green">PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t10 (2 handed) converter

Hero (t1270)
Waffle (t1730)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB Waffle calls.

<font color="black">Preflop I was still trying to figure him out. He NEVER folded his big blind. Should I still just raise this anyways?</font>

Flop: (4 SB, t40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Waffle checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Waffle calls.

Turn: (3 BB, t60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Waffle checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Waffle raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB, t140) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Waffle bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB (t160)</font>

I want to puke on this one. He outplayed me. I should have taken the free card considering how much he likes to bluff and how tricky he is. I'd like to know what you had.

<font color="purple">PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t20 (2 handed) converter

Hero (t1470)
Waffle (t1530)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button Waffle raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB, t80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Waffle bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Waffle calls.

Turn: (4 BB, t160) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Waffle checks.

<font color="black">He's not folding, why risk getting raised?</font>

River: (4 BB, t160) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Waffle calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB (t240)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2d Td (flush, jack high).
Waffle has Tc Ac (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB (t240). </font></font>

This is the turning point of the match, he got a little overaggressive a few times. I had been down to ~T600 for much of the match.

<font color="brown">PokerStars Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (2 handed) converter

Hero (t1595)
Waffle (t1405)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#FF3333">Hero raises</font>, BB Waffle calls.

Flop: (4 SB, t200) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Waffle checks, <font color="#FF3333">Hero bets</font>, Waffle calls.

Turn: (3 BB, t300) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Waffle checks, <font color="#FF3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF3333">Waffle raises</font>, <font color="#FF3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF3333">Waffle caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB, t1100) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF3333">Waffle bets</font>, <font color="#FF3333">Hero raises</font>, Waffle calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB (t1500)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Waffle has 7c 8d (two pair, nines and eights).
Hero has 6c Jc (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB (t1500). </font></font>

He really outplayed me the whole match, but got overagrressive on 2-3 hands late in the match when the blinds were high.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: zephed56 pancakes Waffle HU (Warning, Multiple hands)

Sorry, you lost me at pancakes and waffles.

Just kidding. I like posts like these. nh.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:51 PM

NH. Since I often liked to check/raise or raise the turn with nothing, I thought perhaps you realized this were finally taking a stand by playing back at me. So I decided to cap and lead the river. Given the scary board and your past history of turn 3-betting (almost zilch), this was a clear error. I [censored] up big. GG!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
NH. Since I often liked to check/raise or raise the turn with nothing, I thought perhaps you realized this were finally taking a stand by playing back at me. So I decided to cap and lead the river. Given the scary board and your past history of turn 3-betting (almost zilch), this was a clear error. I [censored] up big. GG!

[/ QUOTE ]
I just reviewed both our hand histories for this match, and you were hitting hard. You got quite a few quad, trip, set and straight hands. Good thing I folded too much. You pulled off several good bluffs too.

Have you reviewed them together yet? You should post some hands in this thread too.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:15 PM

#1 is fine, you will be CRing hands where you want him to fold too.

#2 yes and you should raise much worse hands too since you have position postflop.

#3 valuebet the turn.

#4 he sure overplayed that one, I dont get why he slowplayed the flop though.