Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Set of Q\'s

First off bet more on the flop. This flop is loaded with draws and very likely hit Villain.

[ QUOTE ]
Muck to the overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Call this bet absent a read.

[ QUOTE ]
you have ~350 left and there is 130 in the pot therefore you have to think that he has TT/77/KT/KQ/AKs more than 3 times as often as when he has AJ/KK (*I didnt adjust for the chance that you are behind and come back to win)and I would be willing to bet that he shows you AJ or KK here much more than half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pot is 130 + 350 = 480, so you only need .422 pot equity to merit a call. Given the number of hands we're ahead of here (which you listed), and how few we're behind (only two), I call. Party players are also unpredictable.

Villain can have AJ here half the time and it still be right to call, because we can outdraw AJ and if he has a hand like two pair or inferior set, we have him drawing really thin. Though I don't think he has AJ half the time anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this is a simple case of not being able to get away from a big hand when you know you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no way I know if I'm beat by a Party player pushing on a board that is loaded with draws unless he flips over his hand.

[ QUOTE ]
From the villains perspective this is just another example of why it is great overbetting with the nuts (especially here when a spade or diamond will kill your action)

[/ QUOTE ]
True enough. Maybe villain is better than default Party player.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Pot-sized bet or more on the flop, and I'm not just saying this because I've seen your results.

I've been burned like this before. I've learned to make the flop bet really hurt if he calls with bad odds. Not just because it makes you feel better when he calls and takes this pot, but because its the correct play. Must also factor in the flush draw, and make sure that you kill his pot odds. Your flop bet was just the odds he needed to play a flush draw.

Replay this hand 100 times with a pot sized bet on the flop and you easily come out ahead.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:26 PM

I would bet 90-120 on this flop. this flop either completely missed him, or he has a pretty good piece (like AK), I would make it look scared and overbet this flop.